Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

December 15, 2008

Christmas Open Houses! The Halls are Decked!

Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere!! Please feel free to stay a while and take a look around.

I love being nosy and peeking into others homes. Now I can easily do this in my kitchen while sipping Baileys and Cream coffee and listening to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (click to hear my favorite version) over and over again. Tip Junikie, Boomama and Julia at Hooked on Houses are all hosting Christmas Home Tours as well as Kimba's Holiday Open House tomorrow. Hundreds of bloggers will be opening up their doors to showcase their Christmas decor.


Let's go take a look around my house.

The top of my pie safe.


Here's our tree, I posted this in We Are That Family's Christmas Tree Blog Party the other day and Thrifty Decor Chick is having a Tree Party as well!


This Santa Throw hangs in our foyer

A little corner in our foyer.


A bowl of snowballs on our kitchen table.

Our snowman collection.


Our Snow FAMILY - this is our family in SNOW PEOPLE! along with the last time I was able to get Sunshine to have her picture taken with Santa a few years ago.

Here is my glass ball ornament wreath I made this year. Check that out here.


This is the little corner behind my kitchen sink - I have THE hardest time decorating this spot- so Sunshine put this little vignette together!! I think she's got the "decorating knack" doesn't she?


This is our Santa and Rudolph shelf.


We don't have a fireplace to hang our stockings on, so we hang them on this shelf in the family room - and Sunshine LOVES to rub it in that HER stocking is bigger than
her big sisters.

Today Sunshine and I will be making our Fudge Wreaths since school was canceled due to ice.



Well, thanks for dropping by! Enjoy the rest of the houses on the tours and feel free to come by anytime! I LOVE unexpected guests and comments!


post signature

Labels: ,

40 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Marie said...

looks wonderful so full of Christmas Spirit...I love it..hugs, lisa

12/15/08, 9:49 AM  
Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, wow, I just love that red pie safe and the red trees you have on top of it! So cheery looking.

And I'm very impressed by that glass ball ornament wreath. I've got to check out how you made it (but I'm fairly certain it would be beyond my skills to even attempt). It's really pretty!

Thanks for joining my party and inviting us into your home. Merry Christmas!! -Julia :-)

12/15/08, 9:50 AM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Lisa - Thanks! -boy you were quick! as soon as I got this post up, BAM! a comment from you!

Julia - Thanks! and Thanks for hosting one of the WONDERFUL parties! and really, the wreath was NOT that hard to make!!

~Tidymom

12/15/08, 10:00 AM  
Blogger Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh MY, MY, MY - every things looks so warm and cozy (although considering school was canceled, I am sure it is not that way outside).
My fav is the wreath because you made it yourself, and it is AWESOME!!
Such fun!

12/15/08, 10:28 AM  
Blogger Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Everything looks lovely - merry, merry Christmas!

12/15/08, 10:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

I've left you a few awards on my blog if you would like...hugs, Lisa

12/15/08, 10:49 AM  
Blogger pipper said...

So pretty!! I love it all! Can I come spend Christmas with you??? :)

12/15/08, 11:01 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

You're quite the decorator!

12/15/08, 11:43 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

So beautiful and festive! Thanks for sharing your home with us.

Merry Christmas!

12/15/08, 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything is beautiful! I love it all. Merry Christmas!

Becca
rejoiceandbeglad.wordpress.com

12/15/08, 12:42 PM  
Blogger Pam B said...

Cheryl, everything looks gorgeous!

12/15/08, 1:17 PM  
Blogger jennwa said...

Everything is so pretty. I love your wreath and the snowballs.

Merry Christmas!!!!

12/15/08, 2:07 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love your decorations, it all looks so pretty! Thanks for sharing!! Merry CHristmas!!

12/15/08, 2:08 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Love the ornament wreath! Very impressive

12/15/08, 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your home looks great and I like all the colored ornaments on your tree! I think color makes stuff more FESTIVE! :) Thanks for sharing your home!
-Kim

12/15/08, 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fudge wreath idea! What a great gift giving item to get the kids involved on!

12/15/08, 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pie safe is awesome! Love all your ideas!!

12/15/08, 10:19 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Ok! Spill it! Where did you get those snowballs? They look fantastic! I'm in Cali so no snow here. I made some but they look eh?! next to yours!

12/15/08, 10:24 PM  
Blogger Julie Anderson said...

Oh, your home is so beautiful! LOVE your decorating style!!!! Matches mine!

12/15/08, 11:16 PM  
Blogger Divamom said...

Your decorations are beautiful! Be blessed!

12/16/08, 12:56 AM  
Blogger ~cassie~ said...

I love your decorations!! We have Similiar taste !!!

12/16/08, 1:21 AM  
Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Wow! All of your decorations are beautiful!

12/16/08, 1:43 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

I came over via Tip Junkie. :) Your home, and Christmas decorations are bautiful!!! Love the snowman collection.

12/16/08, 6:31 AM  
Blogger Dominika said...

LOVE it all but especially love the trees on your pie safe. SO pretty!

12/16/08, 9:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love your decorations! So fun and festive!

12/16/08, 10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love all of your decorations. You really must need some time to put them all out. I love your pie safe and want one myself. We'll have to wait and see :-) Take caer and thanks for sharing

12/16/08, 10:36 AM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Thank you ALL so much for your kind words!!

Domestic Goddess - I got those wonderful snowballs from a prim crafter a few years ago - funny thing is, I just happened onto a blog today of someone selling them - guess what? she's in CA too! LOL I don't know her, but here's her blog
http://prairieprimitivesmercantile.blogspot.com/2008/11/snowballs.html

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

~Tidymom

12/16/08, 10:59 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

What a lovely home you have. It looks so warm and inviting!

12/16/08, 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful things. You do a great job decorating. Merry Christmas!!!

12/16/08, 1:00 PM  
Blogger Lamp Tramp said...

Everything is so Christmas lovely. You have a beautiful home!

12/16/08, 2:29 PM  
Blogger philben5 said...

Everythis is so beautiful. I think we must have a lot of the same imagination waves!!
Blessings
Roxanne

12/16/08, 3:50 PM  
Blogger Ribbonwood Cottage said...

This is just wonderful! I love the top of your pie safe...it is just perfect the way you placed everything. Don't you love this time of year. I love Christmas! YOur home is just beautiful!
Merry Christmas.
Debbie

12/16/08, 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a gorgeous home! I love the top of the pie safe and that ornament ball wreath is definitely going on my to-do list for next year! I have a ton of leftover little ornament balls that don't get used and that would be perfect! And how cool that your little one did that sink corner for you! Hopefully, someday I'll have a daughter or two with the knack as well! This year's help decorating the tree was adorable, but very much clustered on one branch! Merry Christmas!

12/16/08, 5:25 PM  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Everything looks great! I love the snowballs!
Merry Christmas

12/16/08, 8:57 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I just stumbled onto your blog today... You have a great home and impecible taste! Also, I get a kick out of your sense of humor. I'll be back ;)

12/16/08, 10:51 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

So many beautiful decorations - thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas,
Carly

12/17/08, 4:07 AM  
Blogger Celestial Charms said...

Such a colorful Christmas tree. Lovely decorations. Merry Christmas.

12/17/08, 1:34 PM  
Blogger Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your home looks wonderful! I love the bowl of snowballs in your kitchen. So cute! Have a merry Christmas!

Jen

12/17/08, 3:08 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Oh my, Mrs. Tidymom! You certainly have a flair and creative touch! Absolutely Lurvely! And quite the photographer, too! Stunning pictures of a beautiful and inviting home. Well done and blessed wishes for a very Merry Christmas. Pop on over sometime for a visit. I would love to give you a tour of our home...and then get some pointers from you, of course! :)
Tiffany in Washington...for now

12/17/08, 8:27 PM  
Blogger S'more of my Thoughts said...

SO beautiful!!!

visiting from Boomama's site

12/25/08, 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home