Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

December 7, 2008

{sigh}....Edward! What is it about Edward?!



(picture courtesy of twighlightthemovie.com)

It's me…the last person on the planet who hasn't read the Twilight books.

Last night I was feeling better when Sunshine, her friend and I decided to go see the movie and see what all the "hype" is about. None of us have read the books, but I know Hollywood has them on her Christmas list.

And guess what? Lo and behold, I enjoyed it! No, I LOVED it! It was the perfect *young* adult escapism fiction with an interesting take on the whole vampire/human girl who doesn't fit in saga.

I have heard that the book is SOOO much better, so now I can't wait to run out and buy the whole series!! Early Christmas for us!!

So have you read the books? Seen the movie? What did you think?

You think I regret saving your life? -Edward Cullen, Twilight
*you can save my life any day Edward!!!! {sigh}

"...seems like I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore" - Edward Cullen, Twilight
*this was one of my favorite lines
What if I’m not a superhero? What if I’m the bad guy? -Edward Cullen, Twilight
*don't most girls LOVE a bad guy? ......{sigh}

Yes, it is enough. Enough for forever. -Edward Cullen, Twilight



post signature


Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger CozyGirl said...

Okay, Now I'm going to have to go buy the series. My sister just read the first one and went to see the movie and that was the first I had heard of this book/movie. Now it keeps popping up everywhere ! Guess I'll head to Borders this week ! :-) Have a great day Cheryl !
Janae :-)

12/7/08, 9:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

I totally love the BAD boy...omgosh Edward is such a dream, I've read all 4 books the 4th book is mind blowing awesome...I just love the fourth book my favorite...the first is really dry and hard to get into till the end...but keep with it they are the best books ever I love them all.. she started a fifth called Midnight sun,,,it was published on the web, without her permission... the first 12 chapters... I couldn't resist I missed Edward and Bella so much I had to start reading it on line...just amazing and as good as the rest .. hugs, Lisa

12/7/08, 9:50 AM  
Blogger Lisa Pogue said...

Edward is truly something isn't he? I have to admit, I didn't like the movie, but I think it's because I read the entire series beforehand. There's so much detail in every book that the movie couldn't possibly capture. The third book was awful, in my opinion I was sick of whiney butt Bella at that point. But holy cow, that 4th book was awesome!!!

12/7/08, 10:21 AM  
Blogger Dominika said...

The books are fabulous and really pull you into the story. Edward is dreamy in the books :o)

Check walmart if you don't mind paperback books...they are under $10.00 each there.

12/7/08, 10:42 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh yes... Im addicted!!! I read ALL four books in less than two weeks :) No Im going to see the movie finally Tuesday night! WOOT!!! I so can't wait! I have heard the book is better than the movie so you will have to let us know if you read it and what you think!

12/7/08, 5:47 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Living Locurto said...

That's hilarious! I still haven't read the book or seen the movie. It's weird... blog world is going ga ga over Twilight, but all my real life friends hated the movie. They told me I would too. Now you've got me curious.

12/7/08, 6:48 PM  
Blogger millerhomestead said...

My daughter has all 4 books and has read them all 3 or 4 times each. I had not read any of them and took her the 2nd day the movie was out. I also LOVED it! Then I read the book. For me, I know I am weird, I preferred the movie over the book. Maybe because I saw the movie first so it had the reverse affect on me. The book wasn't like the movie. You know what I mean? Anyway, I will be anxious to hear what you have to say about the book. Be warned, once you start reading you won't get anything else done! LOL God bless, Jamie

12/7/08, 7:14 PM  
Blogger whoopsadasie said...

I have all the first three books...and am excited to read the fourth! I CAN'T wait to see the movie! Two of my daughters got me hooked on Edward!! :-)

12/7/08, 8:26 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Janae and Amy get the books and read them with me!!!

I'm thinking I should maybe wait until after Christmas - or there won't be a Christmas here! LOL

I think we're going to see the movie again this weekend!!!

~Tidymom

12/9/08, 11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved the book - loved the movie!
Edward...sigh...I wish I had an Edward. (Personally..I think he is much more lust worthy in the books...)

12/10/08, 12:16 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

I went to see the movie with my sister having never even heard about the books or anything. I loved it so I then ordered the books and read all 4 of them in 6 days! :) Yes they are addicting--you jsut can't put them down. It is the best books I have EVER READ! I now have my husband reading them and he is almost as addicted. :) Definitely a great book series to buy!

12/16/08, 3:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi! I was just perusing through your blog and found this and couldn't resist commenting, although I am not sure you will ever see it :)

Twilight is SO easy to become obsessed with... I saw the first movie about a week before the second came out, then saw New Moon and I was hooked. I bought ALL 4 books are read them within a couple of weeks... I couldn't help it! I have also now seen the movie more times that I could count and saw New Moon 3 times (yikes!).

My friend has a theory about the Edward obsession... she is convinced that the reason he is so attractive to women is because he doens't have anything to do but pay attention to Bella... that is his whole life! Hope you enjoyed the series, it really is great!

Here is my post it!
http://thegimlinfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/obsess-much.html

Thanks for your site, I really enjoy it!

1/27/10, 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home