Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

February 10, 2009

What I learned this Week



It's time for another "What I Learned This Week"
over at Musings of a Housewife
(click the button above to see what others learned this week)

1. I learned I CAN live with a mess in my kitchen for 24 hours if.........


it means this ugly drippy faucet is going to be replaced with.......


This nice new pretty faucet and sprayer!! SWEET!


2. I learned my cake saver DOESN'T always SAVE my cupcakes!!


Take a look at those puppies!
What the hell happened to them?
If you look at the picture with the old faucet - I made them the night before
and they looked all purdy.
When I got home the following day, they looked like this!?????
At first I thought it was the sun, but there were some in a plastic storage container,
kept in another part of the kitchen,
and they melted as well.
Any ideas what caused this?

post signature

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Ha! Your post gave me a good giggle because this has happened to me all too many times. Moisture!
The only thing I can think of!!

2/10/09, 11:40 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I've only seen that happen if I frosted my cupcakes or cake too soon. Sometimes the frosting doesn't do it immediately, but only after the inner heat of the cupcakes starts to leave. Only thing I can think of!

2/10/09, 12:15 PM  
Blogger The Mommy said...

I have no idea what happened to your cupcakes, but I'd still eat one...or two!

2/10/09, 12:26 PM  
Blogger Janene said...

Did you wash any dishes or run any hot water in the sink?
It could have been the warm steam!
But heck, put them in the fridge...let the icing harden...eat the cupcake and scrape up the frosting off the plate with your finger. Or send them to me...I will be glad to do that for ya!

2/10/09, 12:45 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Heather - I thought of that, but they were fine the next morning - didn't do it until the middle of the day

Janene I DID that! LOL and you know what happened? they melted again! - and as far as washing dishes near them, remember, there were some in another container and they did the same thing. - Weird.

~TidyMom

2/10/09, 12:49 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Great new faucet!

The cupcakes still through me?!

I've linked up because of you..I even gave you a "shout out"..come see why?!

have a great one!

2/10/09, 1:29 PM  
Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful faucet. Love how it shines. I have no idea about the cupcakes.

2/10/09, 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - that's crazy about the frosting. What a bummer.

I'm envious of your new faucet; I'm so desperately in need of one!

Found you via the carnival. Love your wallpaper (on the blog, not in the kitchen although if you have it there I'm sure it's lovely too).

2/10/09, 2:37 PM  
Blogger Valarie Lea said...

I have the answer!!!

Global Warming! ;)

2/10/09, 2:52 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I have no idea about the cupcakes. But I'd be bummed out too. Nice faucet, though!

2/10/09, 6:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle@Life with Three said...

Your new sink is beautiful! I've had the same problem with my cake saver -- it always seems to turn cupcakes, muffins, and cakes all sticky and gooey within a day or two. I wish I knew why. If you discover the reason -- let me know!

2/10/09, 7:36 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Like the new faucet.

My guess is that it has everything to do with temperature and nothing to do with moisture. There are some truffles i buy that with a one degree change in temp in my home will do the same thing to them. I know the exact temp if you can believe that. Chocolate is finiky like that.

2/10/09, 10:26 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

So do you remember the temperature changing in your house? Maybe you cooked and the oven warmed it up or something. The smallest things can do it. I have gotten to where I wont even buy chocoloate that I know is like that in the summer here in Houston because I know my house only gets to a certain temp, and they just arent the same out of the fridge.

2/11/09, 7:22 AM  
Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

Trying not to covet that new faucet. :-)

2/11/09, 8:46 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Your new faucet is GORGEOUS! love it! I have no idea about the cupcakes, but they still look good to me right now~can you tell I'm hungry??

2/11/09, 9:44 AM  
Blogger Mama Bub said...

Um, I think we're having cupcakes for dessert tonight. Even all melty, they look great! I wonder what happened?

2/11/09, 4:34 PM  
Blogger Brenda Heisler said...

Funny. I'd guess you frosted them before they cooled. No matter. Still taste good. You get an A for effort.

2/12/09, 12:17 PM  
Blogger Primrose Hill said...

HI...I'm new here but I might help. Did you make the frosting yourself? If so, it probably wasn't thick enough. You needed to add more powdered sugar or some cornstarch until it gets pretty stiff. Then pipe it out our spread it on. I had this problem frosting a cake once. It looked like it had melted down the sides! anyway, not sure if this helps but when I saw the picture I immediately of my poor cake. You have a sweet blog!!!

2/12/09, 12:42 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Love the new faucet - so shiny! The cupcakes still look good to me. They'd get eaten here.

2/12/09, 1:12 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Thanks Kristina but no, I didn't make the frosting - it was from a can and I put it in my pastry bag.

I think the temperature in the house makes the most sense here I think - I'll have to pay more attention next time - we play with our thermostat all the time, so it's hard to say.

~TidyMom

2/12/09, 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home