Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

March 17, 2009

What I learned this week.


What I learned this week.

1. That even though one of your children moves out, they still need their mom. ♥

2. I'm too old to go out to a bar to celebrate my birthday!......I'm just sayin.....

3. Housebreaking a puppy is harder than I remembered.......but is getting much easier.

4. I can cut my dryer sheets in half and they still work as good as a full one, and the box lasts twice as long.

5. I learned that when using a retractable dog leash, that you should retract it VERY carefully and not let the thing slap you in the EYE! - OUCH!

6. I also learned to speak up when I get bad service. I had a bad experience with a massage therapist, so I finally emailed the spa to let them know about it- I now get to go back and get another massage by another therapist! Hollywood had a GREAT experience, so I'll go to the lady she had.

7. I learned how to collect all of the great finds I run across while blog reading - I'm now putting them all on Tumblr and I will put the link on my blog page soon. You can see what I have collected so far on my Tumblr page here

Head over to Musings of a Housewife to see what others have learned!

post signature


Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo puppy training.. I am not fond of that.. I cringe when I think of Potty training :-P

3/17/09, 11:23 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, housebreaking a puppy... I did that a few years back - right after getting new carpet. I wouldn't recommend it. :oÞ

3/17/09, 11:29 AM  
Blogger jen@odbt said...

I can't hang at the bar either. Tumblr is great. I've been using it to bookmark all sorts of great finds too.

3/17/09, 12:49 PM  
Blogger jen@odbt said...

How do you post pictures from a web find on your tumblr page?

3/17/09, 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how old, a girl will always need her mama. :) I hope everything works out for your daughter.

3/17/09, 2:24 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

I heart Tumblr. I use it for my Press page! And there was something else I was gonna say. I think I'm getting old.

3/17/09, 3:16 PM  
Blogger Savvy-Motherhood said...

huh... never heard of tumbler and will have to try it. :)

3/17/09, 3:38 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Some very good things. Getting a bad massage to get another and better one was probably worth it huh? LOL.
Blessings,
Kim

3/17/09, 4:47 PM  
Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

Those are some good things learned. Good to know that our kids will always need us & that dryer sheets work in halves.

3/17/09, 5:52 PM  
Blogger Antoinette Marie said...

i hear ya on the bar thing, in my fourties, and about once a year i get delusional and think i need to go out, then i spend the whole evening trying to figure out what i'm doing there.....

bad service...i think a positive effect of the slumping economy has been a rise in customer service, no longer can a business take so lightly loosing even one customer, and with businesses competing so intensely, i think it's commendable to let them know you've had bad service, rather than taking your business elsewhere right off the bat...

3/17/09, 9:07 PM  
Blogger Janene said...

WoW! You have learned a lot this week, and it is only Tuesday!
You still have 4 more days to learn more!
Have fun with that cute little puppy, even though they can be as frustrating as a small child!

3/17/09, 9:17 PM  
Blogger whoopsadasie said...

I have learned some of those things too. I have been doing the dryer sheet in half for years now. Works Great!

I have a cat that won't potty train and uses my LR carpet to do his #2 business! It's killing me! (did I mention he is 5 years old?)

3/18/09, 10:17 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing what you learned! I learned a while ago that I'm not into the bar scene either...and three years ago realized the puppy training thing was easier years ago when we had our first dogs...and I was younger. I'm also glad to read #1, as my daughter will be going off to college in September, and I'm afraid she won't need me anymore.
...and I'm going to try the dryer sheet tip.

3/19/09, 9:52 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I cut my dryer sheets into quarters! :)

3/20/09, 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home