Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

June 22, 2009

Simple Garlic Noodles & Shrimp


I don't know about your weather, but it has been WAY too hot here to heat up the kitchen or the grill. Our heat index for the past several days has been over 100+.

So I thought this week I would share a simple dinner that doesn't require heating up the house.

Simple Garlic Noodles & Shrimp

I just microwave a package of Garlic Shells. Sometimes I use Rice A Roni's Angle hair Garlic Pasta, but I only had the shell noodles this week.

Mix the noodles according to the package, but set the timer for 2 mins less than what it calls for.

While the noodles are cooking in the microwave take 2-3 handfuls of frozen shrimp (I buy the kind with the tails already off) and thaw in a bowl of cold water.

When the microwave goes off, do not remove the noodles from the microwave. Drain the shrimp and add to the noodles and stir, close the microwave and continue cooking for the remaining 2 mins.

Let shrimp and noodles sit for a few mins before removing from microwave.

When I take them out I sprinkle with a little garlic salt and serve.


Last night I served it with my Summer Spinach Salad with fruit ( I omitted the chicken){click here for salad recipe}

What a great light easy dinner for a hot summer night!

check out these great links for other wonderful recipe ideas!

Blessed with Grace



Mom Trends Friday Feasts
The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

This recipe Works For Me! Check out Works for Me Wednesday for lots of other Summer Recipes!

post signature


Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

It's always good to have some quick recipes that don't heat up the kitchen! Thanks for sharing this.

6/23/09, 6:09 AM  
Blogger AudreyO said...

What a brilliant idea. I tend to serve the pasta as a side dish. I never thought about adding precooked shrimp. Yum!!

6/23/09, 8:12 AM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

I forgot to mention, sometimes instead of the shrimp, I will add Tyson's grilled chicken - the kind that comes in the bags, like I used in the salad

~TidyMom

6/23/09, 8:13 AM  
Blogger MaRiN said...

This is my kind of meal, simple and delicious! I think I'll try it with the chicken so the kids will eat it. Thanks!

6/23/09, 11:10 AM  
Blogger Jerralea said...

My girls love those packages of Garlic Shells - how easy to add the shrimp! (or chicken) This is exciting to me - we always need quick meals before games or what-not. This will fill the bill!

6/23/09, 3:58 PM  
Blogger ExtraordinaryMommy said...

This looks wonderful - and especially so because I actually have both of those products in my home right now! Love it!

6/23/09, 4:51 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

This looks yummy. Checked out your blog, hopped over here from Saucy's blog. I love garlic, any kind of pasta and shrimp, so will have to try this one out!

6/24/09, 10:25 AM  
Blogger Saucy said...

Thanks for the recipe, it hasn't really warmed up enough to warrant it, but I will for sure try it!

Oh, and thanks also for the tip about the calling cards a while back from Overnight Prints.com, I just got mine that I ordered with your promo code and I LURRVE them!!

6/24/09, 11:47 PM  
Blogger Nicole Feliciano said...

Thanks for this ideal mid-week recipe. And I just posted Friday's Feasts over at Momtrends. I hope you’ll stop by and link up! Here's the link:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/06/friday-feasts-lobster-salad.html

6/26/09, 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home