Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

August 24, 2009

Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza

Lately I've been in sort of a "what to fix for dinner" rut.

I'm tired of the same old stuff, yet my family it too picky to try something "too new".

Recently I ran across a pizza recipe that I thought sounded good, but I would "tweak" a little to our liking.

With the combination of chicken, ranch and cheese on a pizza crust, I knew I couldn't go wrong!

The only thing I would do different next time is the crust - I'd like to try one of the frozen pizza dough and make our own crust - I bought the packaged pizza crust.

Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

  • 1 pizza crust
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 1 tomato,sliced and diced
  • 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 Parmesan cheese
  • 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
  • 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • garlic (to taste)
  • bacon bits (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
  • 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone and heated it in the oven before putting the pizza on it.

Put pizza crust on stone, drizzle with olive oil and spread over crust with brush.

Saute chicken in skillet with olive oil and garlic (I used 1tsp of the jarred minced garlic).

Spread Ranch dressing over crust.

Sprinkle with cooked chicken, cheeses, tomatoes, green onions and bacon bits. (we made 2 pizza's one with out the bacon bits)

Place in oven for 20 mins. or until cheese is melted. Let rest for several minutes, then cut and serve.

Hubby and I enjoyed the pizza with the bacon bits the most, while Sunshine preferred no bacon bits.

Next time, instead of picking up the phone for delivery - give this a try!

Blessed with Grace

PhotobucketDIY Day @ ASPTL

post signature

Labels: , , , ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yum, yum...garlic ranch sounds delicious. Girl, you were quick on the draw today. I posted early...for once. :)
I need to find out how you do those professional looking pictures with the black outline around it and words. Is it in a photo shop type thing?

8/24/09, 8:56 PM  
Blogger SnoWhite said...

what a fun change up on pizza.

8/24/09, 9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YUM! Thanks for posting this great idea. I hope you will join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. Mister Linky is up and waiting for you. GO HOGS:)

8/24/09, 9:46 PM  
Anonymous printable coupon said...

Wow!!thanks for this great recipe.
Buy One Get One Pizza Free at Bellacino's Pizza and Grinder.
You can grab printable coupons for this at www.clickmycoupon.com

8/25/09, 12:33 AM  
Blogger MadeInCanarias said...

Mmmm, pizza :D, I have to try your recipe.

8/25/09, 3:32 AM  
Blogger PAT said...

This sounds like something we would like and I know the grandkids would love it!

8/25/09, 5:52 AM  
Blogger Hayley said...

This looks soooo very yummy!! Will be popping this on our menu very soon! And thank you very much for swinging by my blog!

8/25/09, 6:22 AM  
Blogger Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

This looks delish! I'll have to try it out.

8/25/09, 6:29 AM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Yum!! Everyone in our house but my 19 month old likes pizza (she doesn't like anything!), so this would be a great recipe to try. Thanks for sharing it. :) You take great photos too! Visiting from Jen's party today. :)

8/25/09, 6:37 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Sounds really delicious! We try to incorporate different pizza ideas every couple of weeks and this one will definitely make the cut! Thanks!

8/25/09, 7:24 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Wow - this sounds different and delicious!

8/25/09, 7:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds really delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Have a great day!
~Michelle :)

8/25/09, 8:03 AM  
Blogger annies home said...

sounds delicious sure the teens would love it and it would be so good for them

8/25/09, 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks yummy and I love garlic!

8/25/09, 9:01 AM  
Blogger the treat girl said...

Thanks for sharing!! I'm drooling over here!!!

8/25/09, 11:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

looks yummyyyyyyyyyy...i'm gonna have to try it..thanks..xo, L

8/25/09, 11:04 AM  
Blogger Barely Domestic Mama said...

Oh that sounds sooooo good!

8/25/09, 1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! my family loves pizza. For a change of pace chicken on a pizza would be GREAT!!! Thanks - Geri

8/25/09, 1:23 PM  
Blogger jo@blog-diggidy said...

mmmmm...this looks delish and sounds good too!! gonna have to try this one,thnx!!

8/25/09, 2:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That does look good, and I even have the Pampered Chef pizza cooking stone. BTW, I love your option for "fine China" for displaying the pizza. I think I have the same "china" in my pantry. Let's be honest... I love eating my pizza on paper too. LOL!

8/25/09, 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Jen said...

OMG that sounds totally amazing! I think i'm going to have to give it a try! I have never actually made pizza before but it's worth a shot!

Jen

8/25/09, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Yummy and fast! Can't wait to try this!

8/25/09, 3:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this for Crock Pot Wednesday at Dining With Debbie. I really appreciate your entry and look forward to many more great ideas from you. Thanks again.

8/25/09, 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Great option for pizza and a good way to use leftover grilled chicken, too. Thanks!

8/25/09, 5:34 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

That looks amazing! I can't wait to try it!

8/25/09, 10:14 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

EWW EWW Cheryl! I got a good one for you that I just did.

Get like a baboli crust and spread classico pesto on it instead of marinara. Then put sliced sliced tomatoes. We dont do tomatoes around here so ours was tomato free. LOL Then strips of chicken breast (we used left over nuggets from Wills party at Chick fil a sliced up) then on top of that put sliced up mozzarella balls that come marinaded. Top with finely chopped fresh basil. 450 for 8 minutes or so and you got a winner trust me. I topped mine after it was cooked with fresh spinach.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

8/26/09, 2:01 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Do you happen to deliver to Houston? ;) I'd like one of those pizzas RIGHT NOW!!!

8/26/09, 5:02 PM  
Blogger Neuffj said...

Can I just say, that look simply scrumdidliumpshus! I'm makin one this week!
The Neuff

8/26/09, 7:46 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

If you have Trader Joe's or Winco near you check the cheese aisle near the mozzarella, they sell balls of fresh pizza dough in clear plastic bags. Both places sell them for less than $2! At home you simply roll them out on your pizza pan/stone, add toppings of your choice and bake. I just made one last night with pizza sauce, mozzarella, crumbled bacon, diced chicken, fresh basil and chopped avocado. YUM!

8/28/09, 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home