Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

September 28, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cake


Do I have a dessert for you today!!

Do you like Chocolate? How about Peanut Butter? How about together in a CAKE?

I can't take full credit for this cake, I adapted it from the King Arthur blog.

In all it's glory, it's made from scratch and is 4 layers high!

But I like easy.

Just because it's easy, doesn't mean this cake won't knock your socks off!

Grab your aprons, and let's get started

Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cake

Cake:

Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix

(don't use just any chocolate cake mix, this is THE BEST! I promise!)

Mix and bake cake according to the box in 2 round cake pans.
Let cool.


Peanut Butter Filling:

4 cups (1-lb. box) confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk

Mix first 3 ingredients until well combined. Gradually add milk.

It will taste as good as it sounds!♥

Chocolate Ganache (icing)

12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter
  • In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
  • Pour over the chocolate morsels.
  • Stir until smooth.

Put it all together:

I only made 2 layers, mainly because a 4 layer cake will not fit under my cake saver.
But if you'd like, you can slice your 2 layers into 4 layers.

Top your layer(s) with peanut butter filling.

Pour warm ganache over top of cake, spread it and encourage it to dribble over the sides!

If this cake won't put you over the edge, I don't know what will!!



If you'd like to make the King Arthur Flour version, you can find it here.


Check out these great links for more fabulous recipes!!



Blessed with Grace




post signature

Labels: , , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger The Bertone's said...

Yum.. that looks fantastic! I love chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting...this looks even better!! I'll have to give it a whirl this weekend. :)

9/29/09, 8:32 AM  
Blogger Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

Anything with peanut butter is heavenly!!

9/29/09, 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so sinful!

9/29/09, 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...YUMMY!

9/29/09, 9:41 AM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

That looks divine!

9/29/09, 10:14 AM  
Blogger All That Glitters said...

That looks so good! My grandma is a firm believer in duncan hines cake mix! lol!

9/29/09, 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Jeanene (nener3 FFD) said...

So you put the peanut butter filling only in between the two layers or do you put some on the top too?

Can't wait to try it.

9/29/09, 2:46 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Jeanene the peanut butter FILLING only goes between the layer- yes, the chocolate ganache goes on top!!

~TidyMom

9/29/09, 2:58 PM  
Blogger annies home said...

this sounds perfect for a sunday in fall

9/29/09, 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Jeanene said...

I get it know. LOL

I would only have to put it on top of layer(s) if you have more than two layers.

It takes me a little while, but I eventually get it. : )

Thanks

9/29/09, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Boy!!! this looks sooo YUMMY!!! I love chocolate and just started a recipe binder for all my chocolate recipe. I will have to add this and make it soon. Geri

9/29/09, 4:21 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

OMG! I need this right now! Of course, my pants are telling me there is no more room!

9/29/09, 4:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

OH MY GOOD GRACIOUS!! You are my new best friend! This looks awesome!Thank you for sharing it for TMTT!!!!!!!!!!

9/29/09, 8:12 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

That looks so decadent and yummy! Thanks for sharing with TATT!

9/29/09, 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Christina @ Boyish Charm said...

I am absolutely in love. I am making this TONIGHT! I'll post my results!

10/1/09, 3:53 PM  
Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This cakes looks incredible! I just love peanut butter!

10/1/09, 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Jeanene (nener3) said...

I am making this today for my son's birthday. Thanks for posting this.

10/3/09, 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer Y. said...

I made this earlier in the week, and oh my goodness. Yes, it tastes as good as it looks. Mine did not turn out looking as beautiful as Tidymom's, but wow. Really one of the easiest and best tasting cakes I've ever made. We had a few slices at home and I took the rest of the cake into work the next day. It was devoured in about 15 minutes.

10/30/09, 9:09 AM  
Anonymous erica said...

You say this is from scratch - but then have a box mix... I got all excited, but living overseas I can't get boxed mixes. Any idea how to make this without a pre-made cake mix?
That would be great!!

7/9/10, 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home