Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

October 16, 2009

Winning and Losing

My greatest enjoyment about blogging has always been about connecting.

Connecting with bloggers and readers and with the friends that I’ve made here. It’s all about sympathizing when things go wrong.... and celebrating when they go right. Because when you think about it, blogging is about community, and being part of the blogging community is something I love!

Without readers and comments, bloggers would just be "talking to our selves". Readers make our blogs what they are! Those comments are the reason we continue to blog.

Sometimes being apart of that community opens up opportunities. Contests and giveaways are some of the thrilling opportunities of a blogging community.

Recently I entered a blogging contest thru Twittermom's and Samsung Home Appliances {click here to see all those posts}. This contest initially required the help of the bloggers readers and comments. Boy, did my readers step up to help! Their comments were supposed to help me win a new Samsung Washer and Dryer. They spent countless hours as a community, helping one of their own.

I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting to hear the results of your support (over 43,000 comments). Did I win the Washer and Dryer?

After the contest was over, Twittermom's informed all entrants that they were no longer going to choose the blog with the most comments, but they would choose a random winner to be announced on Tuesday Oct 13, 2009. I have yet to hear anything, no notice of a winner has been seen or heard. (UPDATE: the random winner was announce late Friday Oct 16)

During the month of September I heard about the Chevy and Mommy Madness campaign that was coming to St. Louis looking for Mommy Bloggers to drive a sweet Chevy for four weeks! Heck yeah!! I applied..........but I was not picked as one of the six lucky bloggers. Too bad, looks like fun! Congrats to those bloggers who were picked!! I follow a few of their blogs (Extraordinary Mommy and STL Mommy), and they are GREAT mommy bloggers!

So, I was feeling a little sorry for myself....when I get a message from
Jyl of Mom it Forward


Mom It Forward
Back in August she had a giveaway!
You needed to share your best or worst housework experience
in her comments
to win one of three Dyson Vacuum cleaners!

Guess WHAT?!!!!

I WON!!

A DYSON BALL VACUUM CLEANER! (DC24)

I couldn't believe it!!
♥ Isn't she BEAUTIFUL ♥

How EXCITING was THIS!!?

This beauty just arrived at my house yesterday,
you better believe I'll post soon to tell you all about her!

I think she needs a name doesn't she??

I'd love to hear your ideas!!


Thanks again to Mom it Forward and Dyson for making this mom's life a little easier!

I linked up to Beautiful Life Friday at the Inspired Room!

post signature

Labels: , , , , , , ,

25 Comments:

Blogger Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

WOW, Congrats to you!!! Too bad they changed ir after you had SO many comments, I was hoping youde win!

10/16/09, 7:49 AM  
Blogger Thena said...

The vacumn is awesome, but the washer and dryer would have been the awesomest. I think you should have won it for the support you gave your commenters. I didn't comment everyday but I thought it was pretty cool out of thousands upon thousands of comments that you got you responded to them. Or at least I know you did to mine and my daughters ( A Look Into My World). And that in itself took alot of time. Not to mention all the creative posts you came up with.

10/16/09, 8:02 AM  
Blogger marie said...

Hey Congrats!! I've heard that those are wonderful vacumns!!

I think you should name her "Lucy"....you know, as in Lucille Ball!

10/16/09, 8:06 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

wow! what a great prize to win, I have a dyson slim, and I LOVE it!

10/16/09, 8:50 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

YAAAAYYY Cheryl!!

That is SOOO AWESOME! I could never have that kind of luck. Maybe you should name her lucky.

Then again if you need a more girly sounding name that is related to something computerish since thats how you won her, you could go with Widget. Yeah thats a good one!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

10/16/09, 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I would love to have a Dyson!!! You will definitely have to post about her soon and tell us how she works. I think you should name her Millie. I'm anxious to see how the ball part of it works like they say. :)

10/16/09, 11:32 AM  
Blogger Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Congratulations! You will love the vacuum!
Nancy

10/16/09, 12:09 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

So glad you won a Dyson!

Too bad about the Samsung contest. Bummer.

I think you should name her Lucy. After Lucille Ball. . . I love Lucy . . . cause you know you are going to love her. lol

10/16/09, 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer Y. said...

Holy crap, you won a Dyson!! Awesome! I vote for Rosie (from the Jetsons).

10/16/09, 2:19 PM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooo, congrats to you!!!! :)

10/16/09, 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Jen @ After The Alter said...

I guess others said it but i named my roomba Rosie from the Jetsons....it seems fitting for a vacuum:) And I love referring to her as Rosie!

10/16/09, 3:18 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That is so awesome that you won a Dyson! I have wanted one ever since they came out...someday I will have mine too!
BOO that they changed the rules AFTER the contest was over (for the washer and dryer). That right there makes me never want to read their blog...no fair!

10/16/09, 4:37 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

How perfect that you won the Dyson! I vote for Hazel. :)

Gosh, that is the pits about changing the rules. I have been wondering every day about when we would see your big announcement.

10/16/09, 4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on winning the Dyson! We are the proud owners of a Dyson and let me tell you I love the power and the ease of using this vacuumn.

10/16/09, 5:57 PM  
Blogger lej619 said...

OMG!!! that is wonderful!! I have a Dyson and I just love it. Well I use to have one. Had to move and leave it behind for the DD to use.But hoping for a new one for me very soon!! I want my Dyson back!! boo hoo

10/16/09, 7:09 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That is odd that they changed the rules and never contacted everyone about who won!

I wanted to enter the Chevy Mommy Madness, but was out of town and forgot to. I don't think I would have been picked anyway.

Congrats on the vacuum! I could use a new one!

10/17/09, 1:58 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

That is a sweet prize indeed. I would be super excited too! I was going to suggest you name her Matilda, however, the Lucy and Rosie suggestions are great!

10/17/09, 9:03 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine how excited you are to have one such a great prize. The first contest I ever entered I won (a pair of shoes for my daughter from See Kai Run), and you would have thought I hit the jackpot for a million dollars...lol. I completely agree with this post, connecting is the key and I look forward to reading more on your blog. Take care!

10/17/09, 11:23 AM  
Blogger Night Owl Mama said...

a silver lining on a black cloud. COngratulations to you on your beautiful win. I'll expect to see a video of you using that
Dyson and of course I know your gonna just love it.

Wooo whoo that is a nice win. ENJOY

10/17/09, 1:24 PM  
Blogger Grizzly Bear said...

Dude I am soo jealous!!
Man what a mess about this contest. I entered too. I didn't get an email did you? They said they offered a $75 giftcard, did you get that?

Well I hope you have a great weekend with you awesome vaccumm

Grissell

10/17/09, 2:38 PM  
Blogger niartist said...

Oooo, I've been wanting one of those dysons! You'll have to let me know if they are as good as they say they are! Congrats on the winning! :) Hope you can check out my blog soon, the first of the many interior shots of the house now that I'm having better luck with my camera. The first of the series is up now!

10/17/09, 11:22 PM  
Blogger Moore Minutes said...

Well, you didn't win the washer and dryer :( BUT you gained 43 THOUSAND comments and learned how many people are on your team, read your blog, root for you, and appreciate you! And so, that is quite a big WIN!


Congrats on the dyson too! Call her Winner. ;)

10/18/09, 2:41 AM  
Blogger My City Mommy said...

Thanks for your comments on the MM site. :) Congrats on your win! To be honest I have a strange LOVE for vacuum's, you know the initial excitement and awe the first few times you use it! It's typically what I get for my birthday but it's never something as nice as a Dyson! Congrats again you deserve it!!

10/18/09, 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Megan said...

Oooo, that's a great one! I've been trying to trick (er, I mean convince) Dyson to give me a free vacuum cleaner for more than a year.

Hasn't worked out yet.

Glad it did for you!!

10/18/09, 12:42 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

I was going to suggest Lucille, but I see someone else has, darn it. She just looks like a Lucille to me. Congrats! :)

10/18/09, 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home