Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

January 19, 2010

WFMW~ a Recipe Binder

If you're like me, you find a lot of great recipes on line.
I first started bookmarking all of them - then when I wanted to make something, I find the recipe and print.
It didn't take long before I had an unorganized mess of papers!

Putting them all on recipe cards was not going to happen. I didn't have time to do it, and I knew I'd never MAKE the time to do it.

I knew I needed a new system........a book or binder to keep my favorites in.

I found just the thing at Barnes & Noble over the holidays!!

It's a presentation book and it's filled with 24 letter sized sleeves! Perfect for slipping my printed recipes into.

This gave me just the jump start I needed to get my recipes organized!

Next I plan to buy some 3 ring binders, dividers and page protectors and store a LOT more recipes this way.......and I will save this pretty binder for my favorite/most used recipes!!

*If you've noticed, I've been making a printable version of my blog recipes....I'm still working on going thru all of the archives, but I promise, I will get all of my blog recipes in printable format!

Recipe binders work for ME!

Head over to We are THAT Family for other great ideas this week!



post signature

Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger A Wedding Story said...

That is a wonderful idea!

1/19/10, 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do this too. I just posted today about organizing papers and media with 3 ring binders. This is the first time I have seen your blog, very happy I found it.

1/19/10, 10:50 PM  
Blogger Pauline Wiles said...

I like your binder find! Sometimes the hardest part about organizing home papers is finding the right thing to put them in - something that's pretty enough to be at home and not in a corporate cube. ;)

1/19/10, 10:53 PM  
Blogger Moore Minutes said...

You are always full of excellent ideas! You can also print seasonal recipes on seasonal-print paper to make them easier to group (and cuter too!) ;)

1/20/10, 12:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I looked them up at Barnes and Noble via your link (thanks for being so handy for us!) and they are adorable! Great idea!!!! Thanks for inspiring. :)

1/20/10, 6:36 AM  
Blogger Speckledpup said...

I just did this in November. My son got married and we gathered all the family recipes together and took pictures and made a recipe page for each to give to our new daughter and then found a really funky small three ring binder and put them all in there. I was looking through them when it was all done and thought DANG I want one of these, and promptly made my own. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

1/20/10, 8:13 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love my recipe binder! However, it's time for it to be overhauled. That's on the project list for this year.

1/20/10, 8:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Great idea! I think I may have to do the same :) I've thought about making a cookbook of my blog recpies to give to friends and family too. I'm on www.tastebook.com now to figure out how to do it. Best of look with yours!

1/20/10, 9:15 AM  
Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

That is a great idea. I love it. Cute pattern too.

1/20/10, 9:44 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Cheryl, I have done this for several years. I have several binders. One for breads, main dish, desserts, etc....My favorite is my cheesecake binder. :) I have one binder that is all our favorites and I use it almost everyday.

1/20/10, 9:47 AM  
Blogger Jennibell said...

Great idea! Thanks so for sharing this idea. . .I have mine piled everywhere too. . .will have to try this.

1/20/10, 10:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

oh i love love love this awesome
<3

1/20/10, 10:22 AM  
Blogger annies home said...

love this idea it is the perfect type of book to use for recipes and in the kitchen

1/20/10, 12:01 PM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

It's so pretty!! I've about run out of room in my recipe box, and it's too hard to cook and look back and forth on the computer. This is a happy medium. :)

1/20/10, 1:20 PM  
Anonymous 'Becca said...

I agree that a binder is much better than recipe cards! We're in the process of transitioning to a binder at my house, but we have a problem.... You are so tidy, maybe you can help?

There are two cooks in my household. We both want to use the same recipes. But we disagree on how to organize them. I think the whole binder should be in alphabetical order by name of recipe. He thinks it should have sections for categories of recipes, and the categories he imposed (I came home, and he said proudly, "Look, I organized our recipes!") don't make sense to me, like why is Apricot Lentil Soup under "American" instead of "vegetarian"??

Any idea how we can agree on an organizing scheme that helps both of us find recipes in the binder? How are yours organized?

1/20/10, 3:10 PM  
Blogger The Buntens said...

Great idea!
My SIL gave this as a Christmas present this year. She got all of her favorite recipes together, typed them out and them bound together for each family! It was so awesome, I was thinking about doing the same.

This seems much easier, though!

1/20/10, 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

Great idea... I SOOOOO need to organize my recipes!

God bless-
Amanda

1/20/10, 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Beverly said...

I've been working on this too. I'm just going to do the 3-ring binder with page protectors. I may even make sections for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then, I won't have to sort through all the cookie recipes to find "THE" recipe. My mom said my aunt has one, and she makes notes of when she made the dish and how it was received. When someone wants a recipe, she can just pull it out and copy it.

1/21/10, 7:22 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That is lovely. I'm teaching a woman from my bible study how to cook (she confided in me that she feels like a failure as a wife and mom because she doesn't know how! so we're setting up lessons). This will be a perfect compliment to our sessions!

thanks for sharing your idea!

1/21/10, 11:32 AM  
Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I keep my recipes in a binder too. It's so easy to organize and keep neat.

1/21/10, 1:07 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Yours is SO much prettier than mine!!! I have a huge binder divided into sections...it is overflowing!!!

I want a cute one like yours!!!

1/21/10, 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

I totally need to make me one of these :D

1/22/10, 7:31 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

That's so much prettier than my binder with printed recipes, jumbled and splattered with ingredients! LOL

1/22/10, 10:43 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

What a great idea! My printed out recipes are in a big messy stack in my pantry.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :o)

1/22/10, 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home