Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

March 23, 2010

My Dirty Little Secret - WFMW

I have a dirty little secret.

Lean in real close.......a little closer…………

“I don’t wash my hair every day, sometimes I even skip 2 days”

Want to know how I do it?

I found an AMAZING product by TiGi called Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo.

This product is DEFINITELY too good to be true.

I just lift a few sections around my face and at the crown and spray each and then massage my head.
My hair is instantly fluffier, feels cleaner and the smell is awesome!!

    • Effectively cleans and absorbs oils on the scalp and hair
    • Adds body and volume without stiffness or residue
    • Brushes away dirt and product build-up – without flakes
    • Light, clean citrus scent
Make sure you use it in a well ventilated area or make sure you turn the fan on in the bathroom.

Even my 13 year old daughter loves to use this stuff. I took a before and after picture of her hair to show you what it does.

You can see in the before picture the back/crown of her head is looking a little dirty. The after picture is with just a few sprays of Rockaholic Dry Shampoo, we fluffed and it looked like this!!

My oldest daughter is a hairdresser, so I get this stuff at cost, but I checked the retail prices, Amazon has it for just under $12 , or you could check with your hairdresser, if they don’t carry it, they should be able to get it for you.

I noticed some of the Amazon reviews said they got VERY few uses out of it, but those people must be using WAY too much – my daughters and I have been using this for over a year and each can last several months with weekly use. I would say if you need to use THAT much……um maybe you need to wash with water and shampoo…….I’m just sayin……..

So like the can says……."This stuff is so funktabulous” and it WORKS for ME!!

No one paid me to write about this stuff, we just love it that much! Seriously, I don't know what I'd do if they stopped making it!

Be sure to check out Works For Me Wednesday to see what's working for others!!

post signature

Labels: , , ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I am so excited to try this! Thanks for the recommendation!

3/23/10, 8:50 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Cool! Nice to know I'm not the only one. I wash my hair every other day, but do shower every day. LOL

I've never heard of that product, though. I don't add anything to mine. My hair is really thin and fine and actually looks better the day after than the day of a washing.

3/23/10, 8:57 PM  
Blogger ABW said...

I wish I could go one day without washing my hair, but I have a pile of ringlets, and they would be a mess!

3/23/10, 9:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel B said...

Sounds like a cool product. My hair doesn't do well if I wash it everyday, it always looks better the day after and not dirty.

I have a new favorite word...funktabulous!!

3/23/10, 9:13 PM  
Blogger Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Oh my goodness! I've heard of dry shampoo before, but wondered if it really worked. Love the before and after as proof. I'm bookmarking ya for this one.

3/23/10, 10:21 PM  
Blogger Stefany said...

Oh this sounds great! I have tried a dry shampoo but it was nasty. I will have to give this stuff a try for sure!

3/23/10, 10:44 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That sounds like a GREAT item to have when you travel and can't always shower when you want to! I HATE dirty hair feel!

3/23/10, 10:44 PM  
Blogger Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

I only wash my hair every three to four days, but I don't use anything between washes.

3/23/10, 10:46 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

OMG!!!!
That is FAB!
Shhhhhh!
Don't tell anyone!
Shhhhh!
I go for DAYS without washing this head of BLONDE!
I mean I've been known to ROCK some dread-locks! Ha...haha!
And I even sweat when I work out!
Okay...now everyone thinks I am gross!
Well I just blow-dry that sweat right out and it's alllll good!
Now...that fluffer you featured sounds great!
Reminds me of my BABY POWDER days!
In college...and even since then really...I have always used Baby Powder to fluff my hair up!
Once in college I was going to a volley ball game!
Hair needed a bit of fluffing so OUT comes the baby powder.
Poured it on the roots...fluffed it up...and off I went!
Up in the crowd...chatting away...not watching the game of course...too much socializing to do...all of a SUDDEN...the volleyball comes flying into the bleachers and guess who's head it popped onto...YEP....MINE!!!!!! of course!!!!!!!
Oh...and guess what went EVERYWHERE....
YEP....
BABY POWDER!!!!! Ha...haha! Oh I'll never forget that!
So funnnnnnny!
I mean Baby Powder went EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!
It was like a huge puff of white smoke off my blonde head!
xxooxx

3/23/10, 11:41 PM  
Blogger Saucy said...

Same dirty little secret over here... I blogged about mine a day or so ago, it's OSIS+ root lift and dry shampoo... awesome stuff. Makes my hair fresh and clean and one step closer to God, it's so high.

3/23/10, 11:48 PM  
Blogger Diane Schmidt said...

That is my secret too, I love it! It smells great and what a difference it makes. From bad hair day to fantastic in minutes.

3/24/10, 1:28 AM  
Blogger {:miss v:} said...

THAT is cool. I always dread getting ready for the day. Talking a shower, doing my hair and then my makeup...takes way to long...ugh...

3/24/10, 2:37 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I only wash my hair every other day. I've heard it's better for your hair to only wash every other day or even twice a week. I just use normal shampoo. It just takes a week or two for your head to adjust.

3/24/10, 5:04 AM  
Blogger Lynn Kellan said...

Do they make a bath product so my kids don't have to take a bath every day?? :)

3/24/10, 6:42 AM  
Blogger The Halbert Home said...

I have curly hair but when I straighten it I can go at least 4 days without washing it. (Which is great because it takes at least 1 1/2 to straighten it). I might try this for the 4th day when it's a little greasy.

3/24/10, 8:58 AM  
Blogger Kelly E said...

Holy Dirty Hair Batman!! That sounds like THE product I've been needing.

Getting a cut tonight so I'll ask if she carries it and if not I'll order from Amazon!!!

My hair is long, thick and naturally curly. I have to schedule time to wash/dry/style it!!

3/24/10, 9:48 AM  
Anonymous catherine B said...

I think my hair does better when I wash it every other day and the "recycled" day it looks the best. I have tried dry shampoo before when my son was in the hospital for an extended period of time but I did not love it. I will try this one for sure!! Thanks for sharing.

3/24/10, 9:50 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Like others have said before, I use baby powder to extend my time between hair washings. It's cheap and it works well.

3/24/10, 11:14 AM  
Blogger Kate Riley said...

I skip every other day too, with the help of dry shampoo, but I buy the drugstore version. Would LOVE to try your recommendation, I'll add it to my list ! Isn't this such a time saver ? Thanks for sharing !

xoxo
Kate

3/24/10, 11:57 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I shower every evening and just wouldn't feel clean if I didn't wash my hair. Cool product though!

3/24/10, 2:05 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I was just thinking out how awesome this would have been when I had Abby. You know how you can't take a shower for a day or two. My hair felt so nasty!

3/24/10, 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Michelle "Chaos Caretaker" said...

I just ordered it at Amazon. I have to use a flat iron to straighten my very wavy hair, which takes time...expected...but the damage it does to the hair shaft. I don't know if I can go without washing, but I am willing to give it a try for the sake of time and damaged ends. :-)

3/24/10, 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

My daughter tries to use baby powder. Disgusting! I'll tell her about this. Thanks!

3/24/10, 4:08 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

I wonder if it works for curly hair, too?!? Hmmmm.....

I was hoping your dirty little secret was that your house was a mess! ;)

3/24/10, 4:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

WOW!!! That is hard to believe. I am one of those whose hair MUST be washed everyday because it is SOOOO oily. If that stuff really works that well, I need to look into it. Thanks for the great tip.

3/24/10, 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! I've been wanting to try a dry shampoo, but didn't want to try one without a recommendation.

3/24/10, 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a dry shampoo for a while. Just ordered off Amazon & can't wait to give it a try!

3/24/10, 8:44 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I usually resort to a ponytail or clipping up my hair if I don't get around to washing it, so this stuff sounds "right up my alley"!!! Thanks for the tip, Cheryl!

3/24/10, 9:56 PM  
Blogger Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Yep, I use baby powder from time to time, but I'm definitely going to try this! Sounds FAB!

3/29/10, 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home