Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

March 2, 2010

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

Chilly days call for big pots of soup!

We have been cooking up a lot of soup in our house the past few months!!

One of our favorites, Taco Soup, is a hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with ground beef ! And the best part......the slow cooker does all the work, so you don't have to!!



SLOW COOKER TACO SOUP
(printable recipe)

1 pound ground beef
1 (16 oz) can chili beans
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15oz) can corn, drained
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 c. water
1 (14.5 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes
1 (4oz) can diced chopped green chilies
1 pkg taco season mix
1 pkg ranch dressing mix

  • Brown ground beef and drain
  • Add Taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix
  • Stir and cook for 1 min.
  • place seasoned meat in crock pot
  • add remaining ingredients
  • Mix to blend and cook low for 8-10 hours
Serve with tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.


I'm sharing this recipe at Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam Mouth Watering Mondays and Tuesdays at the Table, Crockpot Wednesdays and Ultimate Recipe Swap Foodie Friday recipe exchanges, and Kimba's DIY Day.


post signature


Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

I never thought of putting that in the slow cooker!!! So smart!

Last time I made it, I used my immersion blender on the beans and tomatoes and chiles, then added the meat and corn. (I'm always looking for an excuse to use that blender!) ;)

3/2/10, 7:41 AM  
Blogger Lynn Kellan said...

My mouth is watering... Looks yummy!

3/2/10, 7:47 AM  
Blogger Rachel L. said...

This is a staple at our house! We always keep the cans on hand in case of an emergency. You don't have to slow cook it (although it is better); sometimes we just throw it all in a pot and boil until hot in the middle. A delicious lifesaver! :)

3/2/10, 8:23 AM  
Blogger Lisa Smiley said...

Yum! Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing..I can't wait to make it!

3/2/10, 8:57 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yum! We'll have to try this one!

3/2/10, 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love taco soup! I fix it for hubs all the time!!

3/2/10, 10:29 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh!
I know this is some kind of Yummmminess!
My sister...Melly...always makes us Taco Soup over the holidays.
Why have I never made it...I know Greg would adore it! xo
And I also have my eye on that Chicken and Wild Rice Soup I just caught a glimpse of! ;o)
yummmmmmmy cheryl! xxooxx

3/2/10, 10:47 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That is a favorite in my house too! We made it for our Super Bowl party this year & it was a hit. Also, I love making taco soup with chicken!!

3/2/10, 11:15 AM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

One word: delish!!!

3/2/10, 1:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smiley said...

okay, so mine is now in the crock pot. i read this first thing, searched for the ingredients, defrosted and browned meat and got it in the pot in under 15 minutes! awesome! should be interestings, since in my haste i threw in creamed corn instead of regular. i'll let you know! :}

3/2/10, 1:32 PM  
Blogger Pamela Scott said...

sounds really good I never thought about that in a slow cooker..yummy

3/2/10, 1:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

We love, love, love this stuff at my house! I make it a lot.

3/2/10, 2:56 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Looks so good!! My family will love this! Printing the recipe now.

3/2/10, 3:49 PM  
Blogger Diane Schmidt said...

Oh that looks so good it's making my mouth water!

3/3/10, 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

That's almost EXACTLY how I make mine, too!!!!
LOVE Taco soup and doing it in the slow cooker.. super simple!

3/3/10, 4:01 PM  
Anonymous copper tables said...

Being new, I am always looking online for furniture that can help me.

7/16/10, 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home