Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

April 20, 2010

Cathe Holden Guest Post & Custom Monogram Giveaway! {CLOSED}


I am SO excited about the special treat I have for you today!

My sweet & VERY talented friend, Cathe Holden is here with a guest post today!
Not only is it a guest post, but Cathe wanted to do a giveaway as well!!

Be prepared to be BLOWN AWAY!!

You may remember, Cathe is the one who made Flat TidyMom and took her to Blissdom where she had SO much fun!!
Cathe is also the one who designed my TidyMom logo and banner!

I could go on and on about Cathe, but I'm going to turn this post over to her!

Take it away Cathe.........



How exciting to be a guest blogger on TidyMom this week! Cheryl is one of my most favorite people, and even though we’ve never met face to face (with the exception of Flat TidyMom), I am so glad to call her friend. We enjoy corresponding quite often and I am so grateful for this thing called blogging that has brought her into my life.
For my guest post, I want to share a giveway with you! I love vintage, and I love typography (I’m a graphic designer by trade,) so naturally, I adore vintage monograms! So much so that I opened up an Etsy shop offering custom monograms for everyone!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageMonograms

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/iusb_760x100.6785514.jpg

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjUh-NfXkTchIfr-MHFvIvWbpftBPYuzH-_Yhfq2V_sqOQLT8o7bNClpgdV0KsaUkrQYKG4bw9QZWwUgGuNWs5J-r4fRqXXzREb2jvOd-SnNPKrWt91zfDpgtVTPQXyAUJWTJiNq9E657s/s400/CHMonogramExample.jpg

For more information on just how I create custom vintage monograms click HERE

[MonogramSheetExamples.jpg]

The list is endless as to what you can do with your intertwined initials, but here’s a start:

[MonogramExampleGrid.jpg]

  • Give a set as a gift: Request initials for someone special and place files on a disk for gift giving. They make wonderful wedding and birthday gifts.
  • Custom stationery. Letterpress would be gorgeous!
  • T-shirt Graphic, tote, apron, etc.
  • Frame the image of the set or large individual monogram or a grouping of several smaller framed ones.
  • Tattoo
  • Blog Header
  • Avatar
  • Sandblast or etch onto a glass window, door, mirror, wine glasses
  • Wedding invitations, napkins, favors
  • Make a monogram your logo
  • Rubberstamps
  • Transfer onto fabric to make a set of unique throw pillows
  • Have a monogram made into a vinyl adhesive image for your wall, or smaller one for the center of your car rear window or headboard
  • Coffee mug set, print online with cafepress, zazzle, etc.
  • Create your own patterned fabric on Spoonflower
  • Transfer to leather for a wallet, keychain, or patch.
  • Perfect designs for a little girl’s princess themed room, shabby chic room
  • Place one in a locket or glass encased pendant. Make several for a charm bracelet.
  • Use with traditional or digital collage
[monogrambed.jpg]

THIS GIVEAWAY has ended
winner announced here

THE GIVEAWAY:

I am so happy to giveaway one sheet of Custom Vintage Monograms to one lucky TidyMom reader in several digital file formats to work with!

To enter, comment here with how you might use the monograms if you won!

One entry/comment per person, please. Giveaway open to ALL TidyMom readers, US and international. Be sure to leave a way for us to contact you if you win! Deadline for entry is Tues April 27th 5pm CST. Winner will be announced Thursday April 29th.

Thanks so much to Cathe!
You can find Cathe on her blog, Just Something I Made, Twitter, Facebook, Etsy, Cafe Press, her design blog Farm Fresh, her logo work Home Grown Logos, as well as MANY posts for SC Johnson's Family Economics


Don't miss a post subscribe via Rss Reader or by E-Mail

post signature

Labels: , , , ,

186 Comments:

Blogger Carly@Humble Housekeeping said...

I love the idea of making a iron on transfer for pillows! That's how I would use them!

4/20/10, 12:19 PM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Neat guest poster, Cheryl. :) I love monograms. I think I'd try my hand at a pillow, or maybe a purse. Or a fabric covered notebook...I can't make my mind up. :s

4/20/10, 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definetely use my monogram to make a wall decal for our living room. I also would send along the image to have a necklace made for me. Thanks!

Dee
dbyrne1[at]gmail[dot]com

4/20/10, 12:29 PM  
Blogger thursday said...

I think I would get my daughters initials and use them in deco throughout her room. That would be pretty sweet.

4/20/10, 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wall decals would be cool, I would also make stationary and vinyl stickers. Thanks for the chance to win.

4/20/10, 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would use my monogram for when we sell our honey and jam! My husband and I have very simlar names (Dana and Dan) so we call our honey and jam "Double D Honey" and "Double D Jam"

djw209 at gmail . com

4/20/10, 12:40 PM  
Blogger jodi @ back40life said...

I would definitely do a wall decal, but that's my thing :)

I've worked with Cathe's monograms before & they are FAB!! Would definitely love to win my own!

Thanks for the great giveaway!

4/20/10, 12:50 PM  
Blogger LHadgis said...

Oooh! I can see all the endless possibilities. I would like to try the freezer paper stencils that I've been reading so much about. A monogrammed stencil would make a great pillow or shirt. I'd also incorporate the digital images into my digital scrapbooking. Thanks for the chance to win!

4/20/10, 12:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Riley said...

I love all of those ideas, especially the pillows, business cards and Tshirt ! Cathe is amazing ! She actually lives in the same town as me, I adore her !

4/20/10, 1:07 PM  
Blogger BellaLovesPink said...

i would gift them to my best friend who's getting married in June.

4/20/10, 1:26 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

So many possibilities! I'd love to use them on pillow cases, pillows, t-shirts, wall decor, labels, letterhead, jewelry ~ see, I can continue but I won't. :-) An absolute great giveaway ~ thanks for the opportunity!

4/20/10, 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all your ideas...I think I would make some sort of necklace... I Have never made jewelery before but I feel inspired by your monograms to venture into new ideas.

4/20/10, 1:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smiley said...

ooh, fun. i would use them all over the house, on scrapbooks, and on framed photos. very inspiring! thanks!

4/20/10, 1:58 PM  
Blogger SoBella Creations said...

I love Monograms!!!

I would use my monograms on stationary. I love having items that are personalized.

Your monogram work is beautiful.

4/20/10, 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Gina/Rustown Mom said...

I really want a monogram I can frame that also says 'est. 1985'. Our 25th wedding anniversary is this year and I think it would be a fitting gift to hubby and me!

4/20/10, 2:22 PM  
Blogger Ronda C. said...

So, many ideas, I am thinking stationary, note pads, t-shirts and charms (saw a tut on shrinky dink charms).

4/20/10, 2:31 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

You know what I would use those for?!? COOKIES! I just got an edible icing printer and these would be SO COOL!!!

4/20/10, 2:40 PM  
Blogger tracylynne said...

I'd love to have one to help make things a little more personal around the house.

4/20/10, 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

I would love a monogram on my wall! It's so fun to have something custom for friends, family, and myself to enjoy!

daunfamily@yahoo.com

4/20/10, 3:32 PM  
Blogger Randi Lynne said...

I would use them for something jewelry related!

4/20/10, 3:56 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Gosh, if I would happen to be the lucky winner of this great giveaway, I would use the monograms on towels, pillows or placemats...

Blessings,
~Lynn
lynn2917@cox.net

4/20/10, 4:13 PM  
Blogger Peter and Sammie said...

I would love these monograms for personal stationary! They're so awesome!

Thanks for the giveaway.

Sammie R
samnang.schultz@gmail.com

4/20/10, 4:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I would use my monograms on pillows or frame em'.

4/20/10, 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! I think I would definitely frame them...for my office!

4/20/10, 5:18 PM  
Blogger KrisKay said...

They're GORGEOUS!!! I would use them on a wall in our home for sure!!
kriskay4(at)gmail(dot)com

4/20/10, 5:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those are beautiful! I think it would make gorgeous wall art. I love the one made of vinyl above the bed. Gorgeous!!!

4/20/10, 5:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I would give the gift of the monogram to my oldest son. He is 18 and is beyond his years and LOVES old vintage things such as monograms. He has already started his own collection of various vintage things and know he would really appreciate such a gift.

4/20/10, 6:16 PM  
Blogger permanentcloud said...

i would definitely use the monograms for stationery!

cindyascott{at}yahoo.com

4/20/10, 6:21 PM  
Blogger Vindiciti said...

They are gorgeous! I've been following Cathe's blog for a while now, and I just ogle at her beautiful monogram work. I'd love to have a vinyl wall monogram, but since we're military, we move too much. Probably something on canvas would be best for us! Or the throw pillows. Gosh, she's got so many awesome and beautiful examples, I can't ever decide!

4/20/10, 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Dawn Wagner said...

Wow! Like your list above - the possibilities are endless! I am in love with the monogram above the headboard... but I would also love it on a vintage style plate - would be a great gift!
madonnara@yahoo.com

4/20/10, 6:32 PM  
Blogger theDiva said...

Oh my! I'd have a monogram of my business' initials and make a rubber stamp, stationary and mailing labels, business cards, hang tags, on my blog, stickers, window clings...um, yeah. I'd use it...ALOT!

Sandi (metisalchemy at gmail dot com)

4/20/10, 6:41 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I think it would be nice as Stepping Stones for a Garden or entranceway to the house.

4/20/10, 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Lana said...

I love the pillows and wall art!

4/20/10, 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely use it on a wall, so I could see it every day.

Tricia
t.oshea@yahoo.com

4/20/10, 7:02 PM  
Blogger Karen Wheeler - Lockwood said...

I would love to use the monogram for my farms new lavender drying barn and retail space. It would be a great signature piece. I can see it now...hanging over the french door doorway.

Karen
Lockwood Farm
lockwoodfarm.blogspot.com

4/20/10, 7:42 PM  
Blogger Angie Kerr said...

I would probably frame it, but after reading some of the other posts, I also love the idea of putting it on a pillow.

4/20/10, 7:44 PM  
Blogger Pamela Scott said...

I just gave you an award go check it out :-)
http://www.livelaughlovewiththeponderingprincess.com/2010/04/my-first-award-i-am-so-honored.html

4/20/10, 8:10 PM  
Blogger The Rodgers said...

I would try a pillow first, then maybe some wall art too!! These are sooo great!
kelam 22 at yahoo dot com

4/20/10, 8:52 PM  
Blogger Porsche said...

I like the idea of it on the wall. Maybe with my family's personal statement. I also like the idea of jewelry. And if I start my own business, then it would be my logo! :)

starpixie9 at hotmail dot com

4/20/10, 9:23 PM  
Blogger Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Hard choice... I'd say either as a pillow or as a wall vinyl in our master... thanks for the giveaway!

4/20/10, 9:33 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

I would use my monogram as a logo for my photography business. I've been looking for something different yet classic.

4/20/10, 10:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I would definitely use them for one of our many DIY wedding projects for our upcoming wedding in August. Perhaps for the favor labels or to make a custom stamp!

4/20/10, 10:53 PM  
Blogger a little bit of everything said...

Wall vinyl I think would be the way to go....but a pillow would be great as well.

4/20/10, 11:33 PM  
Blogger Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Vinyl for a wall decal. As well, I'd have stencils cut to do some glass etching on some vintage apothecary jars on my bathroom counter, among other things! :)

4/21/10, 12:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Cool giveaway! I'd love this.

Let's see I thought the Tshirt was really neat, but I liked the wall thingie too. I don't know. Probably first I'd use it on note cards. I send lots of thank yous.

4/21/10, 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

These are so beautiful!!! I am smitten!

4/21/10, 7:16 AM  
Blogger Bethie said...

To use as labels for egg cartons! I am a proud new backyard chicken owner!! I can not wait to share them.

4/21/10, 7:21 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Those are so pretty! I think I would like something like that on a space between 2 antique lamps in our diningroom.

4/21/10, 7:24 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

blog header, stationary, & coffee mug!! ;)

4/21/10, 8:59 AM  
Blogger Noelbelle said...

I would definitely do a framed K for our dining room and stationary!

4/21/10, 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Randi said...

These are so gorgeous. What couldn't they be used on.......stationary, printed onto fabric, t-shirt,...

4/21/10, 10:43 AM  
Blogger sjhackney said...

I would love some stationery. After that, well, I'd just go wild with it. Sally Hackney sjhackney (at) yahoo (dot) com

4/21/10, 10:45 AM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I'm obsessed with monograms so I would use them on everything!

4/21/10, 10:47 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I'm thinking monogrammed pillows or to use for glass etching..

tmstp6207@Yahoo.com

4/21/10, 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decorations and scrapbooking...thanks for the giveaway!
andreafriis@yahoo.com

4/21/10, 10:53 AM  
Blogger Madeline's Memory said...

Ohhh, there are just way too many ways I would use a monogram...first I would make a plaque for the entryway to our front door, then I would do a wall decal, a coffee mug, on a mirror in the hallway, stationary, ooohhh maybe on a set of plain white dishes, WOW...my mind is all a twitter with the ideas I am having. Pick me, pick me.
Enjoy, Dana

4/21/10, 10:53 AM  
Blogger La Vita Bella said...

Wow, those are great! If I won, I am really into vinyl, so I would find a way to cut it out of vinyl and probably put it in my family room somewhere.

4/21/10, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Business cards! I'm starting a cake baking business, and am in desperate need of business cards. Also, we're getting married soon, so they'd be awesome for invitations to our small wedding. Oh, and kitchen glasses would be another great idea.

4/21/10, 10:58 AM  
Blogger papelhilo said...

wow !! i love cathe's world so i can't miss this giveaway ! with monograms, i'd decorate my 4 children's things : bedroom door, pajamas...

4/21/10, 11:00 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Oh my, so many ways. On my stationery and note cards. My pillowcases, for sure. On my bathroom wall. On purses. Pendants, rings, earrings. OK, I have to stop the madness. I could go insane with this in my hands. Definitely put my name in this giveaway. Sounds like far too much fun.
Sandi

4/21/10, 11:01 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I think I would scan them onto fabric and make a quilt using some gorgeous William Morris fabrics... awesome!

4/21/10, 11:03 AM  
Blogger MistyLou said...

I would love to make it my logo for business cards and then carry it through my office and home on lampshades, pencil holders, anything craftable! Thanks for the opportunity to try winning!

4/21/10, 11:06 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

hmmmmm...... I would love to make a wall monogram and the pillows. very snazzy!!!

thanks!
rebekahskitchen(at)live(dot)com

4/21/10, 11:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I definitely want to put a beautiful monogram above my bed. Thanks, Cathe! You're the best.

4/21/10, 11:11 AM  
Blogger Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Last summer we redid our master bedroom and the wall behind our bed is still bare. I finally found a couple of frames at the thrift shop which are getting a makeover and I would LOVE to have our monogrammed initials to put in the frames!!!

sassyminidolls at g mail dot com

4/21/10, 11:17 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love Cathe's monograms!! They would make great journal covers, wall art, cloth napkins...all kinds of fab goodies to oooo and ahhh over! :>

4/21/10, 11:30 AM  
Blogger OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I have my grandkids living with me. I would love to monogram their bedding (pillows, blankets, etc)since they share a room and that's not optimum but what is necessary, so I think the monograms would help "class up" their room. Besides everything Cathe does is fabulous so what's not to want.

4/21/10, 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to use these on my clear canisters I use around the house- a pillow would be awesome too!

4/21/10, 11:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Those are so beautiful! I like all of the uses for them, but if I had to chose one, I would say stationary!

4/21/10, 11:49 AM  
Blogger Donna K. said...

I would definitely want one on a tee shirt. And a pillow. Thanks.

4/21/10, 11:50 AM  
Blogger Vanessa Bartels said...

I would enlarge it to be painted on my daughter's shabby chic room which is in progress!

4/21/10, 11:50 AM  
Blogger kado! said...

oh wow, these are BEAUTIFUL! love it!

I'd love to add it to personal cards or letters. I LOVE real mail!

4/21/10, 11:51 AM  
Blogger Aja Reeser said...

ooooh, this is sooo awesome i can hardly stand it! i would definitely use them to screen print some t-shirts, throw pillows, anything that won't run away. watch out, cat! i'd also do some business cards- i've been meaning to those for a while, so this would be perfect!

4/21/10, 11:57 AM  
Anonymous sharon said...

I'd like to use it for my personal stationery and use them as a wall decal as well!

4/21/10, 12:04 PM  
Blogger angie said...

very cool! i am thinking definitely a rubber stamp and surely some pillow cases. thanks for the giveaway.

4/21/10, 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Found you from Cathe's blog - LOVE the giveaway! I've been wanting to get a custom return address stamp for my husband and I, and a vintage monogram would be lovely! I also love all the home decor ideas, the wall hangings, the furniture decals. Oh, and stationary would be great too... I've been admiring Cathe's monograms for some time!! :-)

4/21/10, 12:29 PM  
Blogger The Inspired Nest said...

I would put them on my daughters wall above her bed! She deserves something extra for having to put up with her stinky brothers!

4/21/10, 12:30 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ alteredartists said...

I love Cathe's work! I always wanted to do a monogram on my wedding invitation and then follow w/ thank you's and forever use it. Never did it, but hey... better late than never. Please toss my hat in the ring!
~Dawn Binyon

4/21/10, 12:32 PM  
Blogger April Mitchell said...

I love give-aways it's like going to Vegas without all the cost. I'd use my newly won monogram set to decorate my bedroom headboard and also on some canvas tote bags for book and shopping. I might even go so far as to visit Kinko's and make my own personalized stationary and post-its with my monograms. Thanks for hosting this give away. I am a huge Just Something I Made fan!

4/21/10, 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I love Cathe and her blog and am happy to be here exploring your blog. I would use my monograms on pillow, business cards, and etched in glass...sounds like so much fun!
Jill
jrruskamp@msn.com

4/21/10, 12:49 PM  
Blogger basiclabelSweden said...

What a great giveAway i just found your beautiful blog! How to uses them, i can think so many things....... hmmmmmmm maby one a table our a chair.....

lots of love from Sweden

4/21/10, 12:56 PM  
Blogger Emma @ emmanemhandmade said...

I would love to win, and would use it to make a stamp for all the snail mail letters I send!

4/21/10, 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Andrea @ Big Creek Cottage said...

I would love to give this as a gift to my cousin who is graduating from college.....she could use her monogram for so much........

4/21/10, 1:28 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

this is great! I'd love to carve a stamp to use for stationery that I make!

4/21/10, 1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would use the monogram in All the Above.. I have endless idea's of what I could use it for.. as gifts too!!

4/21/10, 2:05 PM  
Blogger Piper said...

OOOHHH! How do you decide how to use it? I'd love to put them in an oval frame...

4/21/10, 2:10 PM  
Anonymous stephanie burdett said...

My husban and I repurpose antique dresser knobs and drawer pulls and put them on painted boards as towel holders or jewelry holders. I would use the antique monograms and monogram some of these items. What a great way to peronalize these items.

4/21/10, 2:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole-Lynn said...

Great giveaway! I would love a nice vintage monogram made so I can make a decal for above my bed!

Seasidesmitten@aol.com

4/21/10, 2:43 PM  
Blogger Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Great giveaway! I would use this to monogram a shower curtain. I would also love to make a clear paperweight with the monogram in the bottom and maybe add it to some jewelry.

4/21/10, 2:44 PM  
Blogger Anne B. said...

I have always wanted to do a monogram on my business cards....then I would use it on my stationary! Wonderful giveaway!

4/21/10, 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of having a monogram as a signature for just me! Either for our family...for Christmas cards, birthdays, wall decal, etc. or for myself with notes. Exciting giveaway!

4/21/10, 3:18 PM  
Blogger Rhona said...

I would start with a monogram on the wall above my bed then frame different fonts for my hallway.

4/21/10, 3:21 PM  
Blogger Katie B said...

So cool! I love the idea of a large vintage monogram framed as wall art.

4/21/10, 3:22 PM  
Blogger secret cake said...

So clever! I would use these for "mommy" cards wtih the monogram on one side and all my contact details on the other. Or, I'd use them on personal note cards to force me to write handwritten notes! : )

Thanks for the chance!

secretcake (at) yahoo (dot) com

4/21/10, 3:35 PM  
Blogger mitchiesmom said...

On a pillow first and then stationary and oh, the possibilities are endless!!!

4/21/10, 3:40 PM  
Blogger FiftyCentLove said...

Wow! I don't know what I would do! Maybe make a wall decal, or some business cards, or incorporate it in my blog header.

4/21/10, 3:59 PM  
Blogger Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great giveaway! If I won I would probably put monograms on everything. Well not everything, but close. I loved all the ideas Cathe gave. I love the idea of a huge monogram on the wall. Or on a pillow. But I'd have a hard time making up my mind, that is why I am thinking I would put them on everything. lol.

4/21/10, 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Cathe's monograms and read her blog often. The possibilities for there uses are ENDLESS! I would make: a custom rubber stamp, Letterpress stationery and calling cards, transfer press it onto pillows, make it the header in a return address label, blow it up and stencil it on a wall. If I win I think I will be busy for a LONG TIME! LOL
ashley@ashleyq.com

4/21/10, 4:21 PM  
Blogger Kristina said...

on everything....pick me, pick me! I love this giveaway and Cathe Holden for that matter!

bksnow1@att.net

4/21/10, 4:56 PM  
Blogger Steph and Brady said...

I would use this in my bedroom or in my front room on my blank walls! stephfrbs at gmail dot com

4/21/10, 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Joyce Joneschiet said...

I follow Cathe and love all her projects & downloads! I would definitely love her monograms for me as I would use it on my blog, make some stationery, a wall decal, t-shirt and a logo. Thanks for this opportunity!
Joyce

4/21/10, 5:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

my bedroom need some perking up. i would totally use them in there!

they are AWESOME!!

4/21/10, 5:29 PM  
Anonymous KSTorkko said...

I'm getting married in less than 2 months (eeeek!) and would LOVE to have one of Cathe's gorgeous monograms to celebrate my new initials. First, I would create some thank you cards for sending out all those wedding thank yous! We're hunting for a house and I could see it so darling on the outside of a new mailbox. Definitely a pillow as well and probably a stamp or two.
Here's good luck to everyone (but a tad more to me, heehee). kstorkko at hotmail

4/21/10, 5:37 PM  
Blogger gdyup said...

Oh I'm thinking pillows, as framed art and engraved necklace! I just love all of Cathe's inspiring ideas and her gift of sharing! Thanks for the opportunity!

Tracey
gdyup@cox.net

4/21/10, 6:06 PM  
Blogger JaneT said...

I love monogrammed anything!!!! How sweet of Cathe.

4/21/10, 6:13 PM  
Blogger Kemi said...

I would use it for wall art and maybe custom jewelry, too!

4/21/10, 6:27 PM  
Blogger Ru Ru Mom said...

I would use the monogram for many things. I work in stained glass and a monogram would be beautiful done this way. Monograms are so popular right now, they can be used on purses, home dec, journal covers... my mind is spinning with ideas. I hope I win, thanks for the opportunity!

4/21/10, 6:30 PM  
Blogger VS said...

Oh how exciting...I hope I win!!!! If I had a custom monogram right now, I'd have one made for my shop Lambs & Ivy. I would love a 3 letter mono with L&I. Thanks for this fabulous opportunity...
Smiles,
Susie

4/21/10, 6:35 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I'd use it to create a stamp to make my own custom note cards!

nursesweet at gmail dot com

4/21/10, 6:57 PM  
Blogger Linens Lace and Lattes said...

Hi! I would use the monogram on my Etsy Banner. PLEASE enter me in the giveaway.
Thanks!
deb

4/21/10, 7:08 PM  
Blogger Kelligirl said...

If I won, I would monogram the wall above our bed. Just like in the picture. I just love that I think I would also personalize all our stationery. I just adore the monograms and would love to have a personalized one. Please please enter me in the contest.

4/21/10, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Preppy Mama said...

I would use it to monogram some new pillows for my bedroom, which is in desperate need of a makeover!!
Thanks!
preppymama@gmail.com

4/21/10, 7:33 PM  
Blogger Grimmy said...

I would use them on my new business cards!! And one would be awesome hanging in the living room. darlabeck@yahoo.com

4/21/10, 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Genevieve Speegle said...

I have 2 crafts in mind ~ one would be to use them on a wood block with ribbon on top to hang it with. I would also like to use them on picture frames. They are beautiful!!

Genevieve
gspeegle@gmail.com

4/21/10, 7:37 PM  
Blogger Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your vintage monograms are gorgeous! I would use mine on the wall in the bedroom. I love how they look over the bed. Thanks for hosting an awesome giveaway! Love & blessings from NC!

4/21/10, 7:44 PM  
Blogger Lynn Osborne said...

I would use the monogram for all sorts of things. First on the list would be a pillow. Thanks for the chance to win!

4/21/10, 7:54 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Ooooo. I think I would start with a return address stamp and go from there. Thanks!

4/21/10, 8:30 PM  
Blogger mary beth said...

These are so beautiful no matter how you use them! I would like to try putting a large one on a mirror, and definitely on some pillows that I will be making! Thanks for sharing with us!

4/21/10, 9:01 PM  
Blogger Our Hopeful Home said...

Tea towels, hankies (the real deal), business cards, blog header and/or grab button....the list is endless. I'd kill for this!

4/21/10, 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I just love monograms and especially vintage ones. They are so unique. I would put them so many things, but first probably some linen guest towels... so elegant. Perfect wedding gift

4/21/10, 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to have my monogram to put on all of my dishes and glasses, I think there is something so classic and beautiful about this look. I work at a musuem where the wealthy family has there monogram everywhere, and I think it just makes you feel like a bit of royalty to have your own beautiful monogram. Thanks!

dana(dot)hiller(at)gmail(dot)com

4/21/10, 9:55 PM  
Blogger Haidee said...

These are lovely! I have always wanted to try transferring an image to a ceramic plate (something else I read about on Cathe's blog) and painting the image with ceramic paints. These monograms would look lovely in different bright colors on plain white plates! I would also love to use the print out to create a silk screen stencil and go crazy on an accent wall.

4/21/10, 10:11 PM  
Blogger Caitlyn said...

I think I would try and make a necklace...I think you posted how to do that:)Krista
kjw_walker@yahoo.com

4/21/10, 10:53 PM  
Anonymous dare said...

everything it will be on everything!

4/21/10, 11:40 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Cathe's monograms are great! So many wonderful possibilities. One thing I have wanted to do is an etched glass door on the powder room in our bedroom. This would look super!

Sandi
sugarbushfarm219@yahoo.com

4/22/10, 12:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMGoodness!! Where do I start. I have been lusting after a set of monograms from JSIM for some time now...but the budget won't quite stretch that far just at the moment. I want to make a set of the pendants that Cathe blogged about a while ago, I will make a stamp, I will get it engraved onto a signet ring, I will embroider it onto something, I will incorporate it into my logo, I will paint in onto my study wall, I will emboss it onto my business cards, I could go on and on...I will put them on EVERYTHING! LOL!!! Thanks so much for offering this prize. Michelle - Down Under. the.winsons@bigpond.com

4/22/10, 3:53 AM  
Blogger Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Gorgeous - I love the vintage look! I think I would like to try making necklaces with the monograms for my girls and myself. Putting the monogram on fabric for a purse or clutch would be pretty funky too. :)

debyeo at hotmail dot com

4/22/10, 5:30 AM  
Blogger cerebral e said...

I would have some letterpress stationery made up.

4/22/10, 5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I would love a chance to win and I'd figure out how to get it in the form of something I could put on the wall in my office. LOVE the vintage look of your things. :)

4/22/10, 6:43 AM  
Blogger annie said...

What a wonderful give-a-way!
I would love a monogram on a wall, perhaps a door, chair backs,
and of course on pillows, totes, glass jars, maybe on the side of an antique zinc tub!
My head is spinning...I'll be looking at things with a fresh eye all day!
annie

4/22/10, 8:14 AM  
Blogger Just4Khix said...

Monograms! Let's see... definitely stationary for all my greeting card pen pals. Towels for the bathroom and pillowcases for the bedroom. How about a very large monogram framed and hung over the couch. I can envision my own monogram on the collar of each of my denim jackets. The possibilities are endless!

4/22/10, 9:48 AM  
Blogger Anthrilliel Creations said...

Wow another giveaway? Sounds great. I always wanted one of ur monograms but cannotafford it yet. I want to make a crocht blanket with the monogram on it :o)

4/22/10, 10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just moved my 18 month old into a toddler bed but have her big girl bed ready and plan to move her into it soon after some painting and work on it. It was my old bed and a monogram on the wooden headboard would be great! They are just lovely!

4/22/10, 10:12 AM  
Blogger Elsina said...

I would use it on a pillowcase..or perhaps make a personal daily planner fabric cover with it. Napkins too. Love monograms :)

4/22/10, 10:33 AM  
Blogger Linda K. said...

These monograms are so classy. First, I would print a little one out, put it between glass and solder. I'd mirror one and transfer it to fabric for a tote. So many uses for so many years.

Linda

4/22/10, 11:00 AM  
Blogger Raye Marie said...

I love monograms! I would have it embroidered on a set of beautiful towels. I would also love to have it turned in to bookplates. Thanks for the fun!

4/22/10, 11:27 AM  
Blogger Amy M. said...

I would love to use it on some letterpress stationary from Paperwhite. I think we all need to bring back the handwritten letter!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

4/22/10, 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Very cool! I like the large monogram over the bed!

4/22/10, 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would make a sign with my father's name on it to hang over his entry door in his nursing home. He came to Canada at the age of 21, and he's 72 years old now. That would make in very proud... This would be a start...

moniquehartl@hotmail.com

4/22/10, 2:05 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Ohmigosh I'm so excited about all the possibilities...I can't even think of one!!!!

4/22/10, 3:21 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

What a fantastic giveaway! I love monograms! I would either do one on a pillow in my living room, I've been doing things with crowns in there already, or I'd do one above my bed, because I'm going to be re-doing this room soon!

4/22/10, 3:30 PM  
Blogger Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I would monogram a mirror.

melanieadey at hotmail dot com

4/22/10, 4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stationary, thank yous, wall art, book labels, home organization notebook decor...let me count the ways!

4/22/10, 8:40 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love Cathe's work. She is so talented! I would be thrilled to win a custom monogram. I have been cleaning out my house to sell and can't think of anything more perfect that decorating my new home with my monogram on walls, pillows everywhere! I am moving out of the house that my ex husband and I bought and having a place of my own and a new start!

4/22/10, 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible giveaway!!! I would love my monogram as home decor, business cards and product packaging... for starters! :)
Thank you very much for your generosity and greetings from Mexico ~

4/22/10, 10:27 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

I love Cathe Holden´s blog and EVERYTHING she does! I´m always surprised her talent and how generously she shares it!
I can think of many ways I´d use this monogram, I think I would love to make pillows and sheets with it!

Thanks for the chance!

4/23/10, 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathe's work is amazing! I would use one of her custom Monograms on my front door! Wouldnt that take the cake! Thanks for the chance to win :)

Fran K

4/23/10, 1:36 AM  
Anonymous Jenn Price said...

I think I would use it as a tattoo! What a wonderful idea and it would be beautiful. I think I would also print on some cream colored paper and then put it on a larger paper with a beautiful print and then frame it and hang it. Wonderful, beautiful, creative!! You can contact me at pricefamilyx6@yahoo.com
Jenn Price

4/23/10, 1:46 AM  
Blogger Flier Judit said...

I would use it on a Moleskine notebook. Thanks for the chance!

4/23/10, 6:24 AM  
Anonymous karen said...

I would use them on many things..first transfer on a few spring pillows....robin egg blue maybe....then use stay on ink and put on a few coffee mugs...the on a few pillow cases....maybe some thank you note cards....when I take a covered dish I could use my stay on ink and use it so people know where to return dish...enough already... Karen..Maybee's Mom

4/23/10, 7:22 AM  
Anonymous @RoseMillsOhio said...

Our guest room needs new monogrammed pillowshams, for sure! So that would be my first project. Others would follow, naturally--can't waste a gorgeous monogram! rosemills@bex.net

4/23/10, 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would use them as a wall vinyl and maybe a wall hanging!!

4/23/10, 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Erica@ZunkyChic said...

What a fun giveaway! I'd love to put our monogram in the "empty" space in the middle of our fireplace mantel. I've been wanting to do this for years!

4/23/10, 10:21 AM  
Blogger Herm said...

I would love to use the monogram for personal stationary and cards, love that H!!!!!

4/23/10, 11:51 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I would love to transfer them to some lovely linen napkins for my dining room table....and I would like to have one on a t-shirt too...It would be cool to have some fabric printed with a monogram all over for a neat skirt or placemats....just a few ideas I'd like to try.

4/23/10, 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

What a nice idea! I'm a single mom, and I would get my daughter's initals intertwined with mine, and then ask my cousin to make matching pendants for us.
giveaway(at)4nicole(dot)net

4/23/10, 2:40 PM  
Blogger Kat & Stacy said...

I'm from the south so I personally believe everything my kids wear should be monogrammed. I would love to have my twin's monogram on some notecards (their bday is coming up soon...what a great thank you not card!)

4/23/10, 4:53 PM  
Blogger Michellem said...

I have been collecting monograms since I was a teenager - I guess the question would be - "Where couldn't I use a set of Cathe Holden's custom monograms??!!"

4/23/10, 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Stephane said...

I often bake cupcakes for friends and I can envision making paper cupcake toppers if I had a set of vintage monograms. I think monograms would be pretty printed on napkins, or handmade satchels, or gifts of notecards. I really like the CD cover idea!

4/23/10, 8:44 PM  
Blogger Just call me "B" said...

I would love to have a LARGE monogram on a solid comforter! I have always wanted that!

4/23/10, 9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monograms are classic...probably use them on notecards or tags for gifts if I won. LOVE them on everything. Cynthia W.

4/23/10, 10:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are in the process of remodeling our master bedroom. I'd blow one up for a wall. Maybe above the headboard?

4/23/10, 10:52 PM  
Blogger Mama B said...

I love the pillows!!

4/24/10, 12:19 AM  
Anonymous Allison Steele (asteele0@hotmail.com) said...

I would get my daughter's initials and put them on patches for her clothes! Ooooh... I already have visions!

4/24/10, 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Jenn A said...

I'd love to have a monogram for my bedroom wall and maybe a shirt, dinner napkins. LOVE monograms, but don't have many.

4/24/10, 5:07 PM  
Blogger lovelyritaann said...

I like the idea of custom stationary.

lovelyritaann at sbcglobal dot net

4/24/10, 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Becca Carter said...

I need something like this for my personal designs - isn't she so talented? Love your blog!

4/25/10, 1:13 PM  
Blogger Pattykat said...

I would use my monogram for business cards and then I'd use another of Cathe's ideas and paint my monogram on a window and hang on my wall! Hope I win!

from Patty
tompatty@prodigy.net

4/25/10, 2:51 PM  
Blogger Carrie and Jordan said...

I'd use the monogram for custom stationary.

BEAUTIFUL

Carrie
carrie_barrow@bellsouth.net

4/25/10, 7:18 PM  
Blogger bless their hearts mom said...

oooo- I am SO debating! I think I would use it for MOM cards, as my daughter is getting ready to start pre-school in the fall (EEK) and I'll be needing them!

4/26/10, 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Jillian said...

I love this idea! I need inspiration....i would first put it on the wall in the badroom, then on a stamp, and maybe business cards.....so many great ideas!

jilliancunrod@yahoo.com

4/26/10, 1:57 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I have always loved her sheets of monograms. I think I'd use to make a vinyl decal for my office wakk. thanks

4/26/10, 8:12 AM  
Blogger Deseree Probasco said...

I have a little book binding biz called Raven and Bell and I would love to have the vintage monogram for business cards- so pretty!!

4/26/10, 3:55 PM  
Blogger Celene said...

I'd use the "little girl’s princess themed room" idea, for my own room, even though I'm no little girl :)

4/26/10, 5:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Pick me Pick me Pick MEEEEE!!!

I have wanted a set of these for ages. I've hinted to my hubby to no avail.
I would have custom stationary made, and make an embroidered pillow for my bed.

How classy is a monogram anyway!?
Thanks for having this giveaway. xx Amy

4/26/10, 6:01 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

My sister-in-law is finally done with college and moving out of our house where she's been staying for the past 2 years. I am completely redoing the room she's been staying in, and would love some monograms for pillows for the new bed theme!!

4/26/10, 7:05 PM  
Blogger Auntie Cake said...

I love her vintage monograms! They are so beautiful! What a wonderful giveaway!
Kate

4/26/10, 7:29 PM  
Blogger seemommyknit said...

Wow! What would I not make? Etched glasses, embroidered pillowcases and napkins-I LOVE monograms! This is such a great giveaway! Thank you!

Leslic@chandlerconsulting.com

4/26/10, 8:04 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Awesome giveaway!!! I'll embroider towels for my bathroom, make a locket for my mom, make fabric on Spoonflower to sew a duvet set for my master bedroom. And I'll have some rubber stamps made, too. Cathe has the best ideas!

4/26/10, 11:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm a jewelry-maker, and took a class last year where I learned how to make small patterns and cut shapes out of raw sheet metal; time-consuming, but so worth it. I'd make a pattern out of my monogram and then use it to make a brass or sterling silver necklace! And there are so many other possibilities too -- an applique for a t-shirt with my monogram (like Laverne's), embroidered on the corner of linen napkins, handmade lampshades for our bedside lamps, a stick-on decal for the glass front door ..... I would absolutely love to win! I'd be all over these projects!

4/27/10, 8:48 AM  
Blogger Life's Simple Pleasures said...

The opportunities are endless. I'd love to use them for personalized letterheads, on books, cool pillows, or as a book stand.

reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com

4/27/10, 11:22 AM  
Blogger Knifty Thrifty said...

I would definitely do a wall decal for over our bed. I really need to start decorating our house!

aero1600@gmail.com

4/27/10, 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would transfer onto a t-shirt like the beauty on the post, and probably try to make some pillowcases monogrammed.

4/27/10, 6:10 PM  
Blogger Bettyann said...

tHANK YOU FOR THE GIVEAWAY..i WOULD LOVE TO USE THE MONGRAMS ON LINENS FOR MY SON'S WEDDING GIFTS..

4/27/10, 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love making handmade cards and these monograms would look spectacular on them!

4/27/10, 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Christina said...

Oh, the uses I would have! A monogrammed necklace, a framed print, family calling cards, stationary . . . the list would go on! Love it!

5/1/10, 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home