Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

April 15, 2010

I'm Lovin' It - Baby Shower Cookies

Welcome to the Party!! I'm Lovin' It is a party I host at the end of each week to celebrate things that makes us happy....things we are loving! Please share anything from a new(or old) product, to a recipe, a picture you took, a project, or even your children or family.....really anything that you would like to share that you are loving right now!!

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for making this such a fun event each week!! I really try to make it around to all of the links AND comment, but sometimes I just can't make it to all of them.........but PLEASE know how much I appreciate each of you for linking up!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What am I Lovin' this week?

I have to be honest here........

if you had asked me last week,
I probably would NOT have said I was loving these cookies! lol

Our nephew and his wife are expecting their first baby, a little girl, in May. For her baby shower instead of having a cake, I made cookies and cupcakes.

I was excited to try out the new onsie and baby bottle cookie cutters I had recently bought.
I drew up my plans on paper, and got to work.

They took a lot of time and patience......
and I wasn't thrilled with them when I finished them.

But now looking back, I guess they're not too bad!
Everyone at the shower loved them!


Baby Shower Cookies

I bagged them all up and took them in a basket!

Baby Shower Cookies in a basket

I also made the raspberry filled vanilla cupcakes again, like I did for Easter,
but this time with pink butter cream.

Raspberry filled cupcakes

♥ I just love baby showers.........and baby bellies! ♥

Erin 4-11-10 (old color)

Isn't she so cute?

It wont be much longer!

***Edited - I linked this post up at Bake at 350 - Bridget wanted to see what we've been baking this spring!! - check out all the great links and Bridget's strawberry cookies!!

Now it’s your turn, let us know what you’re lovin' this week! If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below. Just please be sure to:
  1. Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address in the MckLinky form below (need help with finding the permalink? click here to see a great post Darcy wrote on this!)
  2. Include in your blog entry a link back to this post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is loving today and have an opportunity to contribute! You can use the code below to add the banner to your posts or blog if you'd like.
  3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what makes a party fun!! You don't want to come to a party and have no one talk to you!!
  4. Let me know if you have any questions, problems or need help!
MckLinky will stay open until April 18, 2010 11pm CST.






post signature

Labels: , , , ,

39 Comments:

Blogger Veronica said...

Those cookies look yummy.

4/15/10, 9:19 PM  
Blogger Robyn | Add a Pinch said...

Cheryl - this is beautiful and so tasty looking. I bet those were time consuming, but you did an awesome job.

4/15/10, 9:20 PM  
Blogger Vivobello said...

Oh I love baby bellies!! And those cookies look awesome!

4/15/10, 9:27 PM  
Blogger From the Old InkWell said...

Precious cookies! Great job!

4/15/10, 9:34 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Cheryl! They are darling! I know they were the HIT of the shower!

And the cupcakes!!! My mouth is seriously watering. You are going to be invited to every baby shower in town! ;)

4/15/10, 9:39 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, those are adorable! You should be so proud!

4/15/10, 9:45 PM  
Blogger HoosierHomemade said...

Those cookies are beautiful! As always! I think we are always harder on ourselves than we should be.
What a cute Mama! Well wishes to her :-)
Thanks for hosting Cheryl!
~Liz@HoosierHomemade

4/15/10, 10:39 PM  
Blogger Two Minute Takes said...

Cheryl you should be very proud of yourself. The shower cookies are darling and you did a super job decorating them. Love the little hearts on the baby bottles, sweet touch. Your pre-icing sketches are very detailed girl! Loving the pink cupcakes too!

4/15/10, 11:19 PM  
Blogger Cap Creations said...

Those cookies are gorgeous! What could you have not been pleased with? Love em! Can I have one? :)

4/16/10, 12:43 AM  
Blogger marie said...

I love these cookies ~ they look so great all packaged up!

You are so sweet to host this each week. I love visiting all the great blogs that link up to you!

4/16/10, 1:06 AM  
Blogger Amy K said...

The cookies are beautiful! I'm sure the shower was a great success...best wishes to the parents-to-be.
Love your blog - thanks for all you share!

4/16/10, 4:19 AM  
Blogger Pamela Scott said...

those cookies look awesome and good luck on the baby how fun she does look cute, I bet she is ready to have her baby :-)

4/16/10, 6:17 AM  
Anonymous Queen Beverly said...

I love your cookies --- too cute.

4/16/10, 6:22 AM  
Blogger elle said...

Where did you get those cookie cutters? They are adorable!

4/16/10, 6:44 AM  
Blogger Southern Gal said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! My daughter will be having a baby shower soon and I want to make these! Thanks for sharing them. I've been searching the internet for cute ideas. This is amazing.

4/16/10, 7:10 AM  
Blogger The Household 6 Diva said...

Oh these cookies are just adorable!!

You did such a great job with the royal icing - piping, flooding, and piping! WHEW! That was quite a bit of work! :)

And that belly picture - so sweet!
Thanks for hosting!

4/16/10, 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

Those cookies are AMAZING!! You hit it out of the park girl! They look totally professional and yummy!

4/16/10, 8:22 AM  
Blogger Siggy said...

Thanks so much for hosting this linkup!

4/16/10, 9:10 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Your cookies and cupcakes are works of art, and they look too good to eat! Seriously!

4/16/10, 10:17 AM  
Blogger Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi I'm Barb from santasgiftshoppe..I am so impressed with your talents..The work that you did in making the baby shower so extra special..I can't beleive it!!! EVERYTHING you touched turned out adoreable..Great job!! I would like to thank you so much for all the time & trouble it takes to put this on each week..We are truly greatful to you for doing such a good job for all of us.
I am already a Follower of yours but I see you are not of mine..I would love it if you would take a peek @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& see if there is anything that might inspire you for your Family/Home & become a Follower of mine too. I do Vinyl on Italian stone & wood, polka dot aprons & bows, pillows, One-Stroke painting, jewelry, etc. I hope to have an ETSY Shoppe up & running in a week as well. Anyway thanks for all that you do..Have a great day!

4/16/10, 12:40 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You are gifted! Just love those cookies!!! Great job!

4/16/10, 12:48 PM  
Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Those cookies are so pretty! I agree with Liz, we're always harder on ourselves! You did a great job!

4/16/10, 1:09 PM  
Blogger L. J. Lowe said...

they are super cute! :D

4/16/10, 1:40 PM  
Blogger Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Cheryl, those cookies are perfect! The filled cupcakes look delicious too. I guess I need to buy a pastry bag because I just love the look of the piped on frosting!

Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

4/16/10, 3:38 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

The cookies are adorable! I can imagine the amount of time...and patience...these took. You win the gold star! :-) The cupcakes are beautiful too. Amazing job, honestly!

4/16/10, 3:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Your cookies are amazingly clever. I found your blog by chance. I planned just to say hello but I was lured by your other posts and spent way too much time here. I really like what you are doing here. I''ll be back often. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

4/16/10, 7:05 PM  
Blogger MarytheKay said...

Well, let me join in and say the cookies really ARE adorable! Sure wish I had one right now!!!

I meant to write last night...to say thanks for letting me link up to the party! It's my first time! I'm loving all the great ideas. :-)

4/16/10, 9:33 PM  
Blogger All That Glitters said...

Hey Cheryl!!! Your cookies look amazing!!!! I am too scared to even try to makes these!!!! I can't even boil water! ha!

4/16/10, 9:45 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

The cookies are adorable and all the party decor. I am glad I could join your link party...thanks for stopping by too!

4/16/10, 11:24 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

These are just DARLING!!! The time you put into them truly makes them works of art I wouldn't even want to eat...wait, yes I would yum! lol

xo Molly

4/17/10, 8:51 AM  
Anonymous jules p said...

You did an outstanding job on those cookies. Will you share the recipe for the cookies/icing?!?!

thanks!

imisstx at comcast dot net

4/17/10, 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Valerie said...

I'm getting ready to make cookies for a baby shower too, lol! This was perfect timing... yours turned out great!

4/17/10, 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Alison@howdoesshe said...

Okay it's on the calendar...We are going to link up every friday...not saturday:)
What time do you post and we will be there!
Thanks for doing this and O my goodness I wish I could make cookies like you! Love the polka-dots!

4/17/10, 11:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Beautiful cookies! Baby girls are just so fun :) Thanks for hosting.

4/17/10, 7:27 PM  
Anonymous polwig.com said...

The cookies look so good...make me want to host a baby shower.

http://polwig.com

4/18/10, 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Shelley said...

Are you kidding me!? You weren't thrilled with them!? CHERYL,...I keep getting so jealous of your royal icing cookies. They are gorgeous!! :) I have been trying my skill lately with royal icing too,...and well,...let's just say I am envious of your talent! ;)

4/20/10, 12:50 AM  
Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Baby bellies are my favorites....I have not had enough blog time lately...So glad that I stopped by tonight..Be sure and stop by main blog
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
and witness a miracle.

4/20/10, 1:50 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

Hi!

Came over from Bake 350!!

Love the cookies! I can see you are a perfectionist AND tidy mom!! hehehe

Love,
Bird

5/24/10, 11:29 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Your cookies are adorable, and i love the filled cupcakes!

5/25/10, 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home