Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

December 21, 2008

Just keeping it real.....easy cookie baking



Sunshine and I have been baking our Christmas goodies this week.
Her favorite to make are the Spritzer cookies - she likes using the cookie press!

Shortbread Spritzer Cookies Ingredients
3 Sticks butter; softened 1/2 tsp Almond extract
4 c Flour 1 Edd
1 c Sugar 2 Tblsp Milk
1 ts Baking powder Food coloring (optional)
1 ts Vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy; add flavorings, egg, and milk and stir till well mixed. If you wish to color the dough, add color now and mix well. Sift or mix flour and baking powder together, then add to dough (this is more easily done in two or three parts), mix with hands if necessary. Dough will be very stiff. Push dough into spritzer gun and press shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet. You can press decors into the cookies before baking. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes, no longer! This is a rich cookie but holds its shape well and does not need to be refrigerated before shaping.
*********************************************************************

Want to know my SECRET to my Christmas Cookie baking?
Betty Crocker's Cookie Mixes in a bag!!
These things are awesome! They taste just like you made them from scratch, with out all the work!
I used Sugar Cookie, Gingerbread, Peanut butter and Chocolate Chip.
I highly recommend these (we use them all year!)

**My other short cut
- I don't bother icing my sugar cookies, I just use sprinkles.

Just "keeping it real" people!
When you have a lot to do in a short period of time, you have to make things more "simple"
Another simple treat I wanted to try this year was Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods!
A big shout out and thanks to Saucy for her helpful tips on this! Thanks for helping a girl out Saucy!!

My last tip......
When your all done...........and your kitchen looks like this

The little bottles of Baileys Minis make for a GREAT treat for all your hard work!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you do to make your holiday baking easier!!

Today I'm making Paula Deens Peanut Butter Gooey Butter cake to take to a Christmas party this afternoon! (the recipe is for Pumpkin Gooey Butter, but there's other variations at the bottom of the recipe)


post signature

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Dominika said...

Great ideas, especially the gingerbread one! Will have to try that with the kids this week :o)

12/21/08, 11:08 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

love the ideas, I do the cookie premix too... the baileys before making would work great for me, my girls always end up fighting at some point during the process, so i usually treat myself to a Mikes Hard Lemonaid during the cookie making so I stay calm during their usual melt down, of who is going to stir and who is going to ice with what color...every year its a new battle this year it will be who pours in the M&Ms we will see... Try Paula Deans Monster Cookies they are so SO so Awesome YOu will love them,,,look it up on Food Network they are easy and I can't stay out of them...Big Hugs, lisa

12/21/08, 11:16 AM  
Blogger Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Oh yeah, Baileys before would be GREAT! Ive been baking fo 2 days and it doesnt seem like I got alot done. My shortcut...seriously? Ha, I use premade cream cheese frosting for my cutouts and just tint it with food coloring gels. Other than that its all from scratch.

12/21/08, 12:06 PM  
Blogger CozyGirl said...

I love those cookie mixes! We use them all year too and they are so good !
Janae

12/21/08, 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never used the cookie mixes but they look great and so easy! We have done dipped pretzels in chocolate in the last week or so and yum, they did NOT last long :)

Love all the keeping it real around blog land!

12/21/08, 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of your daughter and you, and you are making wonderful memories for her and you to treasure. What a great Mom, Tidymom!

12/21/08, 8:29 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Tidymom:

What great ideas!! I have tried to make the spritz cookies for years and years but just can't do it. No matter the recipe or the cookie press...I cannot get them to come out of the cookie press. I am challenged I tell you!!! I've thought, maybe it's the dough...maybe the cookie sheet is too hot, maybe this, maybe that...and absolutely nothing has worked!!! My stepmother even came over last year to my house and couldn't do them and she went home and proceeded to whip out several dozen with no problem!!!! Argh!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the hints about the Betty Crocker mix....makes life VERY EASY and I'm all for that!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!

Teresa

12/22/08, 10:40 AM  
Blogger whoopsadasie said...

Great ideas...although this year I didn't get to make any goodies!! ARRGH!
I don't have any "real" ideas. You have them all already!! ;-)
Cute picture of you and your daughter!!

12/22/08, 10:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I want to be YOU when i don't have a shop anymore.....LOL
For now, I'll just keep running the shop, and right about now, those mini's sound good...how many come in a pack??? LOL
Merry Christmas to you, Sunshine, Hollywood and the hubby!

12/23/08, 7:19 AM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Dom - Hope you found the mix and the kids had fun making them!

Lisa- thanks for the tip on the Paula Dean cookies, OMG they look AWESOME!

JennThanks Jenn that's a GREAT tip, wish I'd thought of that, I could have iced those sugar cookies or even used that on my gingerbread men!

Janae Thanks, they're just perfect anytime aren't they?!

Emily it was our first time doing the pretzels! I'm sure they'll make an appearance every year from now on!

Dale- Thanks! we weren't really "picture ready" but it did turn out pretty cute and you're right - GREAT memories!

Teresamake sure your pan is ungreased AND some of the patterns are easier to work with than others! That's why all of my cookies are the same! LOL

Whoopsadasie Thank you!!

Liz LOL- only 4 in a pack! So pick up SEVERAL! LOL

Merry Christmas to ALL of you!
~Tidymom

12/23/08, 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home