Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

October 19, 2009

Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie



YUM!!

This is one of my favorite ways to make apple pie!!

It's a self-glazing apple pie that tastes as wonderful as it looks!!!

And it's easy too!

Grab your apron!

We're going to make an apple pie that's sure to knock their socks off!

Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie



Ingredients

1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
1 box of Pillsbury All Ready Pie Crust
1 tsp flour
6 cups (6 medium) sliced & peeled apples
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Heat oven to 375°F.

1. In 9" pie plate, combine pecans, brown sugar and margarine; spread evenly over bottom of pan.

2. Prepare pie crust according to package direction for two-crust pie (flouring each side of crust).
Place bottom crust over pecan mixture in pan.

3. press crust down around sides of pan.


4. In large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. mix lightly.

5. Spoon into pie crust-lined plate.

6. Top with second pie crust, and flute.

7. Cut slits in several places.

8. Place pie plate on cookie sheet and bake at 376° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Cool pie upright in pan for 5 minutes

9. Place serving plate over pie (after cooling for 5 mins)

10. Invert pie, Carefully remove pan. Some nuts may remain in pan, replace on pie with a knife

Cool at least 1 hour before serving.

Here's one more look at how yummy it looks!!


Check out these great links for more fabulous recipes!!



Blessed with Grace

visit Blissfully Domestic for some domestic bliss
and Southern Hospitality for more great recipes!


PLEASE NOTE

If you have a FAB Pumpkin Recipe,
Bridget of Bake at 350 hosts a bloggy carnival at the end of each month titled
Flavor of the Month
October's theme is PUMPKIN!
I have several pumpkin recipes we've been making to share with you!

Get your recipes ready to share too, click Bridget's button below for details!!

Bake at 350

post signature

Labels: , , , ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Oh this looks delicious :) thanks for sharing, I will have to give this a try around Thanksgiving - yum!

10/19/09, 9:37 PM  
Blogger Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

Holy cow!!! YUM!

10/19/09, 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this looks delicious!!! Can't wait to give it a try.

10/19/09, 10:10 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I had to search wikipedia after your comment ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chowder

10/19/09, 10:17 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh how I would love to make that! Abby is allergic to tree nuts, so I can't. Maybe I can steal a piece from you :)

10/19/09, 10:38 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Wow this looks awesome. I've never seen one done like this but I know I'd love it.

10/20/09, 12:38 AM  
Blogger Lyndsay Wells said...

That looks absolutely amazing! I think I'll try it this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

10/20/09, 1:03 AM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! That is GORGEOUS!!! Wow! Can you ship that? Now?

And, thanks for the FOTM shout-out! :) You rock, Cheryl!

10/20/09, 7:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, I love it, that is so different and looks yummy! Stop by for a visit soon.
Michelle

10/20/09, 8:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMG! This looks AMAZING! Adding it to my favorites file to try!!!

10/20/09, 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! It looks soooooo good!!!

10/20/09, 9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! YUM!!! just two words for this YUMMY!!! YUM!!! recipe.
Geri

10/20/09, 10:11 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

Cheryl this looks so divine I can't wait for Friday food cheat day to make this...wow... awesome... hugs, L

10/20/09, 1:55 PM  
Blogger Pami said...

this looks so good cant wait to try it out, thanks

10/20/09, 2:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

How fun. I have never had upside down apple pecan pie. Looks great to me!! Thanks.

10/20/09, 2:59 PM  
Blogger Amy {The Idea Room} said...

That looks incredible. I can't believe I am not already a follower. When you left me a comment, I was like how come that did not come up on my blog list. Duh! But I am a follower now!

10/20/09, 4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...what an intersting concept to turn a pie upside down :)

Blessings!
Gail

10/20/09, 4:31 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

That looks amazing! I can't wait to try that!!

10/20/09, 9:47 PM  
Blogger Moore Minutes said...

How fun and different! Looks delicious....love the Longaberger pie plate too. :)

10/21/09, 12:21 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh my goodness I want to grab a fork and reach through the screen! This looks so good and like something I could actually make~store bought pie crust~wahoo! Good luck with the finger and the dog procedure :)

10/21/09, 3:08 PM  
Blogger Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Ohhh why did I do this to myself?? I should have known NOT to click on a link with such a yummy title. Now I am hungry for this! It looks so good. Maybe my mother in law would even like it! haha.
Cheers!

10/22/09, 9:34 AM  
Blogger Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Wow...this looks soooo yummy...thanks soooo much for sharing this unique pie!

Blessings,
Linda

10/22/09, 9:54 AM  
Blogger sweetjeanette said...

Well, how about that?!?!? This sounds great, and the perfect "conversation piece" dessert!
Thank you! (dropping by from Rhoda's recipe party)

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

10/22/09, 11:29 AM  
Blogger Allison Shops said...

Yum is right! Thanks for sharing.

10/22/09, 7:01 PM  
Blogger Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Wow! Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

10/22/09, 7:35 PM  
Blogger ~Country Lady~ said...

My husband and I were at a dinner last night at a friend's home and she served this wonderful pie! It was a true delight! I have saved this recipe and will be using it soon. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

11/3/09, 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home