Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

October 6, 2009

WFMW- The Perfect Cupcake (using a mix)


Look at these amazing cupcakes Sunshine and I made over the weekend!

They taste EVERY bit as good as they look - maybe even more!

What's "so different" about these cupcakes you ask?

Did I make them from scratch?

NOOOO!

Then why do they TASTE like I made them from scratch?

Well, that little secret is what I'm going to share for this week's

Works for Me Wednesday!

Thanks to my FAB bloggy buddy, Saucy,

{click here to see her blog}

or QUEEN of CUPCAKES, as I like to call her! LOL

Saucy has shared with her readers how to use a box cake mix, but make them taste like homemade from scratch out of this world fabulous!

Do I have your attention NOW?

Look at this beauty! Can't you just TASTE all of it's deliciousness? {sigh}

So what's the secret you say?

Saucy says..........

You will need

1 box mix (any flavor) - but get the good kind, Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker

3 Large Eggs

1/2 cup butter or margarine ( I used butter, I'm SURE it's better - I'm just sayin)

1 cup of water

Then what are you going to do next?

Melt the butter in the microwave.

Then dump all ingredients in your bowl.

Mix on low for 1 min. Then mix on high for 1 min.

You will be amazed that your batter is nice and thick and creamy - not thin and runny like it is when you follow the box instructions.

Fill cupcake papers - Saucy does what I do - she uses an icecream scooper! - One scoop is just the right amount per cupcake!

Pop them in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes.

Let cool.

Then you can frost them with a delicious Buttercream Frosting!!

click here for printable recipe of cupcakes & Butter Cream Frosting


You can find Saucy's "to- die-for" Buttercream Frosting by

clicking here (it's about 1/2 way down the post)

While you're over at Saucy's {click here}

check out all the amazing cupcakes she made for a Cupcake Party!

Now THAT's MY kinda PARTAY!!

Saucy's Perfect Cupcakes Work for ME!!

click over to We are THAT Family and see all of the other great tips on

Works for Me Wednesday!

I've also linked this post to Cupcake Tuesday at HoosierHomemade



post signature

Labels: , , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Hoosier Homemade said...

Wow! Those are amazing! You did a great job on the frosting. They look like a candy corn.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

10/6/09, 10:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly Miller said...

Great - now I'm drooling! They look so delicious.

10/6/09, 10:41 PM  
Blogger Moore Minutes said...

I SO should NOT have read this post. Because now this page is bookmarked and I'm making cupcakes EXACTLY as written here tomorrow. :)

Your cupcakes look delicious!!

10/6/09, 10:56 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Those look so yummy. I'm going to be trying this!

10/6/09, 11:08 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh, those ARE gorgeous! LOVE the candy corn frosting!!!

10/7/09, 8:24 AM  
Blogger Kelly E said...

I'm gonna have to try this... when I get a new kitchen. I really really can't stand the kitchen in the villa and I'm soooooooooo ready to buy a house.

10/7/09, 9:38 AM  
Blogger Saucy said...

Girlfriend, those look smashing! And yes, I often use butter (but not for the school when we made 600 cupcakes... that would have killed our budget) and really, one of those little margarine squares melts up so handy... but yes, butter is the way to go! Mmmmm! Yours look delish!

Well done to you and Sunshine both!

10/7/09, 9:45 AM  
Blogger MOMMY-MOMO said...

those look delish!!!!

10/7/09, 10:22 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Cupcakes make my heart go pitter-patter! :)

10/7/09, 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe tip! Cool Cupcakes.

10/7/09, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Moore Minutes said...

Ok, I know I already left a comment but I have to give an update! I did make the cupcakes like I said I wanted to, lol. :D They are in the oven right now and the batter turned out just as you described.

10/7/09, 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look oh so de-licious ;-) Hmmm, maybe I'll try that for our Halloween themed Birthday party coming up. I use an ice cream scoop too for cupcakes...works like a charm! Thanks for the great recipe and decor idea, yay!

Jamie :)

10/8/09, 8:36 AM  
Blogger Amy @ Living Locurto said...

These are awesome!!

10/9/09, 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Eliza Welch said...

Love those cupcakes!

I really enjoyed looking around your lovely blog and would absolutely love it if you would stop by my blog!
Eliza's Blog

10/9/09, 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Kristina said...

Oh, I am going to have to try these next weekend with my daughter. I have already made cookies and some other desserts this weekend.

10/11/09, 9:57 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I have found this to be true! You have to mix it up a bit to activate the ingredients:-)

10/20/09, 11:24 AM  
Blogger annies home said...

love those fall colored cupcakes

10/20/09, 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home