Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

July 12, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade & Homemade "Frosty"

Since we are headed back from our "girls weekend" today, I thought I'd repost a few favorite Summer Time drink recipes we enjoy when the temps start soaring.





Strawberry Lemonade

Strawberries (I bought a 1 pound container and used 3/4 of it)

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup lemon juice (I used real lemons and it took 4 large lemons)

2 cups ice cubes

We used our smoothie maker, but you can use a blender. Blend until smooth. Drink immediately. Enjoy!

*********************

Last year Amy from Mom Advice posted how to make Home Made Wendy's Frosty!! See Amy's picture of this chocolate creaminess to the right!

This yummy chocolate summertime treat tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty! The original recipe is from The Hillbilly Housewife's "Magic Milkshake". Be sure to read her post for variations and explanation of ingredients.

Thanks to Amy, I've scored the "coolest mom ever" points by making this frosty treat several times already. So far our favorite has been with a scoop of peanut butter!

Homemade Wendy's Frosty (The Magic Milkshake courtesy of Hillbilly Housewife)

1-1/2 to 2 cups ice water
1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 to 1-1/2 trays of ice cubes, as much as you can spare
2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purpose (I substitute the corn oil with canola oil & you can read her notes on why you need that non-stick spray)

Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray. Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on your blender motor. The blender should be about 3/4’s full. Place the lid on. Process for a full 2 minutes. Pour into cups and serve. Makes 4 - 12oz servings. *I make 1/2 the recipe for 2 servings

So pull out your blenders and enjoy some delicious Summer in Glass!


Delicious Dishes



Don't miss a post subscribe via
Rss Reader or by E-Mail

post signature

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So you had me at Strawberry Lemonade and then you hit me with homemade FROSTY!!! You're right....coolest mom ever! Thanks for passing along your tricks! Thanks for joining Tuesday Tastes!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

7/12/10, 7:25 PM  
Blogger SnoWhite said...

Love the frosty idea -- sounds perfect on a night like tonight!

7/12/10, 7:37 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

That Frosty Recipe looks amazing! I adore Frosty's--it might be dangerous being able to make one up anytime I want!

7/12/10, 8:24 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Strawberry lemonade is one of my favorite beverages! I'll have to try the frosty(we love banana with the chocolate)!

7/12/10, 9:24 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Ok, so my tummy was tempted and my taste buds too. Both of these drinks would be hits at our house. We love to drink our sweets. Thanks for sharing.

7/12/10, 10:07 PM  
Blogger alicia said...

Lovin your blog!! This sounds so similar to what I was thinking of doing today, except yours looks yummier. I'd love for you to link it with my tasty tuesdays again if ya can. http://weloveiowa.blogspot.com/2010/07/tasty-tuesdays-bloghop.html

alicia @ a beautiful mess

7/12/10, 11:24 PM  
Blogger Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Both look yummy. There is something about a chilled fruity drink in the summertime that makes my toes tingle.

7/13/10, 7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They both look so cool and refreshing. Perfect for summer. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to try that frosty recipe soon. YUMMMMM!

7/13/10, 7:48 AM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Yum! You're making me thirsty!!! I remember seeing that recipe and Hillbilly Housewife, but I've never tried it. Now I think I must!

Welcome back from your vacation! We missed you!

7/13/10, 8:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those both look sooo yummy!! :)

7/13/10, 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Lydia said...

Double yum! These look so refreshing and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

7/13/10, 8:47 AM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You had me at "Frosty," Cheryl. ;) Visiting from Jen's Tasty Tuesday party. :)

7/13/10, 8:50 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Pitt said...

Mmmmmmm! I love anything with strawberries :)

7/13/10, 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just perfect for today (it's so hot) both look so good!

7/13/10, 2:07 PM  
Blogger Val said...

So thristyyyyyyyyy = ) mmm

7/13/10, 6:26 PM  
Blogger alicia said...

Um, penaut butter? Yum!! Thanks so much for sharing and linkin up with Tasty Tuesdays. They both look delish.

7/13/10, 7:05 PM  
Blogger the country cook said...

I love drinks like this...soooooooo good!

7/13/10, 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Alan @ sticviews said...

This looks like a great way to cool down in the Dallas heat!

7/14/10, 9:01 PM  
Blogger Its A Blog Party said...

Yum! Perfect for the summer!
Thanks for linking up!
~Liz

7/19/10, 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home