Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

January 3, 2009

All is right in my world again.......

I finally finished the last book in the
Twilight Series
, Breaking Dawn.
Loved it!
Wasn't my favorite in the series, but I was happy with the ending.

I was then able to get on with my house work! LOL
The Bug Man and Sunshine left for the cabin for 2 days, leaving we with the house to myself!

First..............down came all the Christmas decor.
Whew! That felt good!


Next..........."Hello my little everyday goodies!"
As much as I enjoy Christmas, all the clutter really drives me crazy.
It felt really good to open the Christmas bins and see all of my everyday favorites safely packed away.
Kix did NOT want me to put up the tree skirt!
He was CERTAIN that was HIS new Bed!
It took 4 sheets on the lint roller to get ALL of the cat hair off the tree skirt!
YUCK! Thanks Kix!


Last............cleaning!
It just goes hand in hand with bringing the holiday to a close.

My problem.....I get a little carried away sometimes.
You see, sometimes I should NOT have access to a screwdriver when I clean. I like to take things apart and clean them!
I was cleaning the oven and realized there was a lot of dripping down inside the glass.....
"Well looky here! there's only 2 screws holding that piece on the door of the oven!"
Next thing I know........I have the whole thing apart!!

The only bad part........I can't put it back together by myself! LOL It requires at least 3 maybe 4 hands! So it will sit like this until The Bug Man gets home tomorrow.


So everything is "right" in my world again.
Christmas is down and put away
House is close to being clean
I have finished the Twilight Series.......(need to start them over)


Time to start thinking about some unfinished projects
I have a few organizing/cleaning projects to start
I have a few crafting projects to make
A HUGE list of crafting projects I'd like to TRY
I would like to work on my blog - clean up, maybe a new background.....
I'm evening working on my first GIVEAWAY!!
So stay tuned!!


post signature



Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Marie said...

I am so shocked at all the readers that didn't like Breaking Dawn, it was my favorite in the series...I must be strange...lol.. I started Twilight again today, I hate winter and its already starting to get to me and we have 4 months to go before warmer weather starts to creep in... I really hope reading them is as close to good as the first time, hugs, Lisa

1/3/09, 6:04 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Oh don't get me wrong...I did like it, it just wasn't my favorite of the series.- I was emotionally drained after reading it! LOL
I think reading them all the second time may be even better because you can take your time and enjoy it - not rush to see "what's going to happen".

I get in a winter funk too - I don't like to leave the house or do anything - dh ends up picking up groceries even because I don't like to go out.

~Tidymom

1/3/09, 6:11 PM  
Blogger Mama Dog said...

Had to laugh at your lint roller sheets! My dog thought the Christmas tree skirt (that I made last year and yes, it took hours!) was his personal pillow! I quit after three lint roller sheets but then took it outside and gave it a good shake! I too took everything down and put it all away today. Feels good. Time for a new year!!

1/3/09, 9:07 PM  
Blogger JeanM said...

LOL I did the same thing with my oven door!! It does not go back the way you think it doee the sides are sneaky and go under the glass.
Jean

1/3/09, 9:43 PM  
Blogger Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Cheryl, hey is a screwdriver a power tool? Not sure, but I am there with you baby! I have been almost 'driven' to get things clean again.
Feels so good to have things clean, but I do miss the sparkle!
Blessings,
Debbie

1/4/09, 8:03 PM  
Blogger MOMMY-MOMO said...

wow! i wish i was like that. I'm clean, but not that clean. I've never taken the oven door off...hehe. who knows what hides there? great blog. I just came across it. I really enjoy it :)

1/5/09, 12:13 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Good thing my oven door is black and there is a dish towel that hangs from the handle...so I can just ignore those pesky drips, lol...I just really want new appliances...but want and get are 2 different things!

Cats do love Christmas, don't they?

Happy New Year!

Bella
PS: My tree is still up...

1/5/09, 12:47 PM  
Blogger Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

You crack me up! I did something similar before the holidays...decided to clean the house in preparation of my family coming over, then before I knew it I was on the stepladder trying to dust all the shutters on the windows. Crazy! :) But it does feel good to be clean, right?
Carrie

1/5/09, 2:35 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I am on book 3. Just started it last night. I do not want them to end but I'm ready to get on with my life! :) I've seen the movie once and loved it! I want to see it again!

1/6/09, 2:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Cheryl! I've been missing you all - my computer kicked the bucket - and I'm about to loose my mind without it. Looks like you have been extra busy - feels good to get everything cleaned up doesn't it - I'm slowly working on it. I tried to e-mail Dana from my mother-n-laws computer but it wouldn't go through. Will you please let them all know I miss them and I'll be back in the web world real soon. I'm waiting on our new computer! Hope you have a fantastic 2009! Blessings, Cathy

1/6/09, 7:04 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Mama Dog yes! it sure feels good!!

JeanM you're right it was tricky! it all came apart so quick I wasn't quite sure how it went back! LOL

Debbie yes, my screwdriver is a powertool, it's actually one of those rechargable Black and Decker ones! LOVE it!

MommyMoMo thanks for stopping in!!

Bella I wish mine was black! I do keep towels on mine but I could still see the drips! LOL

Carrie I'm terrible like that too when company is coming !

Shannon my girls are on book 3 and we've seen the movie 4 times! LOL can't wait for the DVD to come out

Cathy I read that on your blog! what a bummer! Hope you're up and running real soon!

1/7/09, 7:25 AM  
Blogger Valarie Lea said...

Tonight, I am going to finish cleaning the mess I made from cleaning up after Christmas! One day it will all be back to normal. :)

Oh, and we got Edward from elifesize.com. You can probably get him from allposter.com also. They may have some sales going on.

1/9/09, 11:49 AM  
Blogger Desiree said...

Glad I saw your blog b/c I didn't know how to clean my oven in between! Hopefully my husband and I can get if off and on again ourselves. Thanks!

1/9/09, 1:33 PM  
Blogger Mom in High Heels said...

Have you read the 12 chapters of Midnight Sun SM has posted on her website? It's Twilight from Edward's POV. All Edward, all the time. Yea! Who needs a clean house anyway?

1/10/09, 1:01 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Mom in High Heels Oh YEA!! That's my favorite!! I've read it twice already!!

~Tidymom

1/10/09, 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home