Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

January 29, 2009

Super Food for Game Day!


This Sunday is an unofficial American holiday, Super Bowl Sunday!
and what's a holiday with out some great food?....or make that SUPER food!

Here are a few of our game day favorites that always score a touchdown!


Mini Ham and Swiss Party Rolls

Sliced Ham (I use 1/2 pound per loaf)
Swiss Cheese (I use about 5 sliced per loaf)
1 pkg King's Hawaiian rolls
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1-2 tsp onion powder (or dried onion)
1 Tblsp poppy seed

The rolls will look like a large solid piece of bread. Leave the rolls intact and slice the loaf in half with a long knife to form a top layer and a bottom layer.
Place ham and cheese on bottom layer of rolls, then place top layer of rolls over ham and cheese and place in a 9x13 pan.
Mix remaining ingredients together and pour mixture over rolls.
Baker 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Let them cool slightly before cutting. They reheat well too, even in the microwave.

**************************************************************picture from recipetips.com

Spicy Tortilla Rollups

5 large flour tortillas
1 bunch green onions chopped - stems and all
4 ounces chopped green chilies- drained
8 ounces cream cheese - softened
8 ounces sour cream
1/2 pound cheddar cheese - shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
**NOTE- make the night before, they have to sit overnight

Have tortillas at room temperature. Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and, with an electric mixer, combine all until well distributed. Spread mixture fairly thin and evenly on tortillas to within 1/8 inch of edge. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, slice in 3/4 inch rounds and arrange on serving plate. Serve plain or with salsa.
*Note: tortillas will tend to dry out if rolls are unwrapped and sliced to early.
Makes about 60.

*********************************************************

Ranch Oyster Crackers

2 bags of Oyster Crackers
1/2 cup oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill weed
1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

Heat oil, pour over crackers.
Mix dry ingredients and sprinkle over crackers and mix with wooden spoon.
Serve in a bowl. picture from allrecipes.

Find more GREAT recipes and ideas at ForeverWherever.com




post signature

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting hungry already...the food is the best part of the day!
-Kim

1/29/09, 11:18 AM  
Blogger Valarie Lea said...

Oh I do something similar to the first recipe! I have not fixed it in forever though, I need to make those this weekend.

1/29/09, 12:39 PM  
Blogger Janene said...

Cheryl~
This sure beats my Chili! I think I will switch it up this year and make some of these! Especially the roll-ups, nice to make the night before!
Thanks!

1/29/09, 12:40 PM  
Blogger whoopsadasie said...

Great recipes...I might make us some!!

1/29/09, 1:02 PM  
Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

Yum to all of them...I am going to try them for Sunday. Thanks!

1/29/09, 6:24 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks Cheryl for all of the yummy recipes!! I am ALL about the appetizers. I swear I think chips and dips should be their own food group. LOL!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

1/29/09, 7:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Cheryl! - thanks for all those yummy ideas - I especially like the ham roll one - I'll try that. And at Christmas, someone made me a huge tub of those ranch oyster crackers - they were so good. Thanks so much for sharing!! Have a great superbowl weekend! Blessings, Cathy

1/29/09, 8:02 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Yum! I'll have to try those rolls. I've been making those tortilla wraps for a while. I put breakfast sausage in them. We always order wings, my husband's favorite football food.

1/29/09, 8:08 PM  
Blogger CozyGirl said...

Those mini ham and swiss rolls look sooo good ! Maybe I'll try that one. Thanks for sharing !

1/30/09, 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been wanting that oyster cracker recipe. Thanks!

1/30/09, 8:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

Yummy those ham rolls sound and look delic.... hugs lisa

1/30/09, 12:49 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

oh yummy! i'm coming to your super bowl party - just for the food :) great blog!

1/30/09, 7:42 PM  
Blogger michele said...

YUM! And I will have family staying over from out of town.. you are tempting me to make one of these recipes! Thanks!

1/31/09, 12:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Thanks for these recipes! We just got invited to a Superbowl party tomorrow night and I wasn't sure what to bring. I am liking the Ham and Swiss Rolls recipe! Thanks so much!

2/6/10, 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home