Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

May 28, 2009

Lamp makeover

Cute, huh?........YUCK!

We acquired this old bankers lamp several years ago and I have never liked how it looks, but I like the light it give me at my desk.

A few weeks ago I thought I'd see if I could make it look a little better, so I painted the brass base black!

Much better!!

Anyone know if you can paint glass?

The green glass is ugly, but it does look better with the black base.


*The Nester is having a little lamp party today. Head over there to see even more lamp transformations.



post signature


Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

You did an awesome...gorgeous!

5/28/09, 10:32 AM  
Blogger Something Nice and Pretty said...

It does look better, great job:)
Rondell

5/28/09, 11:02 AM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I like it both ways. If you can paint the glass, I would vote for aqua :)

5/28/09, 11:31 AM  
Blogger CozyGirl said...

Looks great Cheryl!

5/28/09, 12:04 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

We have an old lamp like that with a BLUE shade...I hate it. My husband keeps trying to sneak it out where it can be seen! ;) I see a new paint job in it's future!

5/28/09, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

I like the new version, looks really mod :)

5/28/09, 12:30 PM  
Blogger Dominika said...

I really like the lamp with the base black. Looks great and the glass is nice too. I love seeing all your "makeover" projects. They inspire me to get moving on stuff around MY house :o)

5/28/09, 1:34 PM  
Blogger Sherrie said...

Love the black base! Even the lampshade looks better now ;0)
~Sherrie

5/28/09, 4:08 PM  
Blogger Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

LOVE it painted black! And I'm with Bella Casa...if you can paint glass...paint it aqua. Bee-u-tee-ful!

~Amanda

5/28/09, 8:31 PM  
Blogger Junk Mammas said...

Love that you painted over the brass. There is so much you can do with a little spray paint. Looks great!

5/30/09, 9:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I like it! Much better!

5/30/09, 11:07 PM  
Blogger The Gathering Room said...

yes..I really like this better! Cindy

6/2/09, 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home