Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

July 20, 2009

Orange Dreamsicle Jello Cake


With the summer days being hot, we were in the mood for a cool dessert, that wasn't ice cream. A jello cake hit the spot! My favorite version of this "classic" is Orange Creamsicle. This cold moist cake with it's vanilla and orange combination remind me of an Orange Creamsicle.


Ingredients:
1 prepared White Cake Mix
1 large box of Orange Jello
Water
Cool Whip

Directions:

1. Bake cake according to directions on the box, using a 9x13 cake pan.

2. After cake cools, Poke holes in the cake with a fork. Holes should not go all the way through cake to the bottom of the pan. The entire cake should be perforated this way with holes every 1/2 - 3/4 inch.

3. Mix Jello packet with 2 cups of boiling water in large bowl. (do not chill jello)

4. Pour Jello over cake allowing it to seep into holes.

5. Place the cake in the refrigerator at least 3-4 hours before serving.

6. Top each piece with cool whip when serving.

(keep cake refrigerated)

*I often make this cake with sugar free jello and top with light Cool Whip - for a more "diet friendly" version

Visit these other sites for more great recipes!

Blessed with Grace

post signature


Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Buckeroomama said...

What a wonderful idea! I have a box of cake mix that I've been wanting to use... so I'm definitely going to give this a try TODAY! Thanks for sharing.

7/20/09, 9:07 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks for the recipe! This looks so tasty :)

7/20/09, 9:46 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Oh my goodness this looks so good. Thanks for posting it!

7/20/09, 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made this cake before, but never with orange jello. I'm trying that next time for sure!

7/20/09, 10:42 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

First a recipe for orange creamsicle fudge and now your cake... I am in heaven!!! Thanks!

7/20/09, 10:48 PM  
Blogger marie said...

Yummy! Thank you for the diet friendly version tip too!

7/20/09, 10:58 PM  
Blogger MadeInCanarias said...

Great idea. Have to try it!

7/21/09, 4:33 AM  
Blogger Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

What an easy and fun recipe!!
BTW, I am making your amazing pulled pork, today. It is the crock pot. It is too hot to have my oven on all day :-)
Looking forward to dinner! Thanks.

7/21/09, 1:42 PM  
Blogger mub said...

Yuuuum! This really looks fantastic.

7/21/09, 2:03 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

I love orange creamsicles! I'll have to try this. Thanks for sharing it!

7/21/09, 8:14 PM  
Blogger Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

YUMMY!

7/22/09, 6:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow, I live in Tennessee, otherwise known as the home the Big Orange (University of TN Volunteers.) What a great recipe.
Happy Twirls

7/22/09, 3:57 PM  
Blogger Saucy said...

Veto has been after me to attempt an orange creamsicle cupcake. I might have to adapt this!!

7/22/09, 10:56 PM  
Blogger Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh yum. I loved creamsicles when I was growing up. No fair tempting me this way!! :)
Carrie

7/23/09, 5:13 PM  
Blogger Nicole Feliciano said...

Glorious cake. Thank you so much for linking up last week on Momtrends. I wanted to let your know the linky is up. I shared a yummy baked flounder recipe and hope you will stop by!

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-feasts-baked-flounder.html

7/24/09, 9:19 AM  
Blogger bj said...

When my son was a little boy (he is now 45), this was his favorite cake. I used different kinds of jello but did it the same as you..I think it was called a Poke Cake. I haven't made one in years...now it's time. Thanks for reminding me.

7/24/09, 9:26 AM  
Blogger bsmith said...

okay,that cakes looks sinful

9/30/09, 11:46 AM  
Blogger bsmith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/30/09, 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home