Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

August 20, 2009

Trix Swirls Gift Basket~Giveaway~

~GIVEAWAY CLOSED~
I'm the big cereal eater in our house. I faithfully eat my Frosted Shredded Wheat EVERY morning. But on occasion, The Bug Man and Sunshine will eat cereal if I buy them a good "fun" cereal. I was asked to try out the new Trix Swirls. I figured my kids (yes, my hubby is sometimes considered one of my kids LOL) would enjoy it, after all, I did when I was a kid.

General Mills Trix is fortified with vitamins and minerals plus made with whole grains. With the addition of milk and fresh fruit or juice it becomes a balanced meal and no one is the wiser that I'm feeding them something that's actually "good for them" for breakfast! LOL I'm sneaky that way! {wink}

New Trix Swirls is a little different than it was when I was growing up. That Silly Rabbit has now combine 2 fruity flavors in each crunchy puff. With Lemony Green, Berry Berry Blue, and Rasporangey Orange, Trix Swirls makes breakfast more fun! Sunshine LOVED that!! She and her friends ate the entire box before The Bug Man even had a chance!
Along with the box of Trix Swirls cereal came with a bunch of cool artist supplies -a fun colorful apron, watercolor paints & brushes, a sketchbook, a set of watercolor pencils and even an art supply box. - These all came in handy when Sunshine babysat our friend's two year old at our house one evening!! I THINK Sunshine actually enjoyed the paint more than the two year old did! LOL
~GIVEAWAY~

Would you like to WIN a Trix Swirls Gift Basket?
My Blog Spark wants to give TWO TidyMom readers their very own Trix Swirls Creative Kid Gift Baskets.

To Enter:

  1. Leave a comment on this post answering this question: "what crazy food combinations you or you kids have tried" (1 entry)
  2. Get another entry if you blog about this contest or tweet about this contest (Be sure to come back and comment letting me know how you spread the word with the link) (1 entry)
  3. Get a third entry if you Follow my blog or subscribe(leave another comment letting me know!) (1 entry)
Contest and will end on Aug 28, 2009 at midnight (CST). U.S. Residents only please.

**If you don't have a blog, be sure to leave an email so I can contact you if you win!

I will email the winners and the winners will have 48 hours to respond or new winners will be chosen.


Good luck! and thanks for entering!!

Thank you to Trix and My Blog Spark for making this review and giveaway possible!
Blog Search

post signature

Labels: ,

33 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

We as a family eat ranch dressing(just a little) and butter on our white rice - thanks for the great blog and the great give away.

8/20/09, 2:57 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

i am a follower - thanks for the great blog and the great give away.

8/20/09, 2:58 PM  
Blogger all up in each others bizness said...

we like cottage cheese on our baked potatoes here!!! My daughter wants to win this one so bad!!!

8/20/09, 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

My famly and I eat lost of crazy foods together. I eat hamburgers with fried eggs on them, hot dogs with scrambled eggs, pickles and mustard on them and I cut up pickles spears and put them in chili. I am also a follower and I RT this on Twitter. :-)

Melissa

8/20/09, 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

I forgot to post my URL on my post from above. :-)

Melissa

8/20/09, 5:10 PM  
Blogger eeekj35 said...

I am a follower. Thanks, Kim the prim schoolmarm

8/20/09, 5:24 PM  
Blogger eeekj35 said...

We love Trix because we are Gluten Free and so is Trix. I eat it all the time!! We like to dip our potato chips into kool-aid. We like ketchup on eggs. When we made mountain pies in the fire last week, we mixed strawberry and apple pie mix together. We called it Strappleberry pies. Yummy!! Thanks for the chance, Kim the prim schoolmarm

8/20/09, 5:26 PM  
Blogger Thena said...

I can't think of anything strange other than eating ketchup instead of spaghetti sauce on my spaghetti.

8/20/09, 6:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The only way my 6 yr old will eat oatmeal is with peanut butter swirled in and chocolate chips on top. Should I really be considering this breakfast food?

8/21/09, 8:25 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Well, my six-year-old, who loves mashed potatoes and applesauce, has taken a forkful of mashed potatoes and dipped them into her cup of applesauce. Evidently her taste buds approved, but I didn't. :)

8/21/09, 9:44 AM  
Blogger jennykate77 said...

Hmmmm...weird food combinations...well, I like to eat PB&J sandwiches with cheetos or doritos...sometimes I put the cheetos or doritos directly on the sandwich...mmmm mmmm good! I also am known for putting soy sauce on EVERYTHING. It's like MY condiment. There's not much I haven't tried it on.

I found your blog from Lisa's blog. I love it!

Hope you're having a great day!

8/21/09, 9:47 AM  
Blogger Tamara B. said...

Once my children made me a bowl of Cocoa Puffs cereal with caramel sauce on top with milk. Actually it was pretty good.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

8/21/09, 1:59 PM  
Blogger the treat girl said...

Hi...Thanks so much for stopping over and checking out my daughters room.....she's 13 too!! And can't wait to start 8th grade....we don't have anything too crazy over here....maybe just potatoe chips on our sandwiches???? I can't wait to peek around....I will be trying the cobbler recipe and looooovvve the rules to living with a teenager!!

8/21/09, 8:18 PM  
Blogger the treat girl said...

oooooh...and I just became "official" and am following you now too :) ps....I love your blog design....loooove red and aqua together!!

8/21/09, 8:21 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

My mom used to eat bananas, peanut butter and mayonnaise on bread. As a child, it grossed me out! Now, I eat the same combination!
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

8/22/09, 12:55 AM  
Blogger Antoinette Marie said...

my only child is autistic so his diet is really, really limited on what he likes....

one of my favs is sliced apples (preferrable golden delicious) dipped in extra crunchy peanut butter....seriously, if you've never tried this, you must!

my mom can weird out anybody with her peanut butter, grape jelly and bologna combo sandwich....gross! blessings...

8/22/09, 3:30 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

my grandma puts applesauce on her pancakes, I really love to eat my food "separate" still to this day!

8/23/09, 12:04 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/amolino/status/3486679518

8/23/09, 12:07 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

follower!

8/23/09, 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your website and I am now a follower!!! We eat ranch on just about anything!

Charlotte Cornett
charlottecornett@att.net

8/23/09, 3:15 PM  
Anonymous jmwilson8992@prodigy.net said...

My son eats spinach with ketchup! He has for years and swears it to be delicious...not in my opinion. And yes I do like spinach.

8/24/09, 1:28 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I'm a follower!

8/24/09, 4:27 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

My daughter won't try anything weird...I can barely get her to try normal food. :)

I have definitely tried some interesting things (I am not nearly as picky as my daughter when it comes to food!). One thing I do is mix mayo and ketchup and dip my fries in it. It may sound weird but YUM!

8/24/09, 4:29 PM  
Blogger Barely Domestic Mama said...

We're not too weird here. The best weirdest combination to me was butter popcorn and cucumbers mixed together with Italian dressing. Yummy!

8/24/09, 6:05 PM  
Blogger Barely Domestic Mama said...

I tweeted the giveaway at http://twitter.com/BarelyDomestic/status/3522519933

8/24/09, 6:08 PM  
Blogger Barely Domestic Mama said...

I am a blog follower

8/24/09, 6:11 PM  
Blogger Charity S said...

My kid would try oatmeal and cheese.

Thanks

charisscharity at yahoo dot com

8/28/09, 12:28 PM  
Blogger Charity S said...

I tweeted.

https://twitter.com/ccboobooy/status/3607066258

8/28/09, 12:29 PM  
Blogger Charity S said...

I'm following your blog. (charity)

8/28/09, 12:30 PM  
Blogger Jessie Jones said...

I tend to drown things in ranch dressing, but my husband HATES how I eat Wendy's fries dipped in my Frosty!!!

Mrs. Jones
areallifewife [dot] blogspot [dot] com

8/28/09, 4:25 PM  
Blogger Jessie Jones said...

I tweeted this giveaway!

Mrs. Jones
areallifewife [dot] blogspot [dot] com

8/28/09, 4:26 PM  
Blogger Jessie Jones said...

And I'm a follower (and the Twitter link I forgot was twitter.com/areallifewife)

Mrs. Jones
areallifewife [dot] blogspot [dot] com

8/28/09, 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My child dips her fruity cheerios in yogurt!! Silly girl! My email is mugsymegan@yahoo.com and my twitter is megan0705 and I follow you. :)

8/28/09, 6:53 PM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home