Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

December 2, 2009

M.O.M Knows Best {Jiffy Lube Giveaway}


Maintaining your car can be one of the easiest way to save thousands in repairs. Some of the leading motor oil companies have funded a site Motor Oil Matters to help you learn many ways to prolong the life of your car. You can easily locate key information that will help prolong your engine´s life and improve overall efficiency, as well as help answer any questions you may have about motor oil. In addition, the site offers a fun, educational game for you to play called "M.O.M. Knows Best" where you can put your motor mind to the test with an interactive quiz.

Did you know?

  • According to a study by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association, nearly 9 out of 10 female motorists are involved in their household's vehicle maintenance and repair

  • According to a national survey that polled 522 women, 46 percent incorrectly assumed simply switching from conventional engine oil to synthetic enables the number of miles between oil changes to be safely extended

  • Using a quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy, and help save money by preventing costly engine damage

  • Off-brand, no-name or discount oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer´s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle´s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer´s warranty

My blog spark provided me with a $35 gift card to use at Jiffy Lube courtesy of Shell Lubricants and MotorOilMatters.org and they would like to give
one lucky TidyMom reader
a $35 gift card for their own free oil change!



I have to add, my experience at Jiffy Lube was beyond wonderful!!
Jack, the Assistant manager was the most kind and courteous attendant that I have encountered at ANY business in a LONG time!! You can bet that I will be going back to Jiffy Lube!
They were fast, friendly and simply a pleasure to do business with!

Not sure where the nearest Jiffy Lube is? Visit here for Locations.

How to win:
(be sure to leave your email if you don't have a blog!)

THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
RANDOM WINNER WAS
#35 Sara -
Sarah said... M.O.M. Knows Best Score: 85.71% (60 points)
I passed!
Congratulations Sara!


REQUIRED*Leave a comment telling me what you learned by visiting Motor Oil Matters.

*You can gain an entry by subscribing to TidyMom via email, reader or Google Friend Follow . Be sure to leave a comment after your subscribe (or that you already do).

*You can gain a 3rd entry by adding my button to your blog. Or let me know you already have it on your blog!

*You can gain a 4th entry by tweeting this giveaway! just be sure to leave me the link.

*You can gain a 5th by posting this giveaway on your blog. Please leave me the link.

*You can gain a 6th entry by telling me your score of the M.O.M Knows Best Game

Remember to leave comments telling me you have done any of these and if you don't have a blog, be sure to leave your email address.

This contest will end on December 9th at 11:59am CST

Thanks My Blog Spark and Jiffy Lube for my free oil change and for the one to giveaway!

post signature

Labels: , ,

62 Comments:

Anonymous Denise said...

Your button is on my blog!!!!

12/2/09, 1:35 PM  
Blogger furygirl3132 said...

I learned that the W in motor oil stands for winter not weight as some people believe. Thanks so much for such a great giveaway, this would definitely come in handy!

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

12/2/09, 3:17 PM  
Blogger furygirl3132 said...

Following you on Google Friend Connect (furygirl3132)

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

12/2/09, 3:18 PM  
Blogger furygirl3132 said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/furygirl3132/status/6281503182

Eloise
furygirl3132[at]comcast[dot]net

12/2/09, 3:24 PM  
Blogger TheAtticGirl said...

I learned what the W means next W30 etc. I didn't know it stood for winter.

donnyandshelly at yahoo dot com

12/2/09, 4:48 PM  
Blogger TheAtticGirl said...

I already follow your blog on GFC.

12/2/09, 4:49 PM  
Blogger TheAtticGirl said...

I follow you on twitter & tweeted: http://twitter.com/atticgirl76/status/6283946211

12/2/09, 4:50 PM  
Blogger ABCD Diaries said...

Look for the starburst symbol...its API certified:) Lovely prize!! Thanks!
christinbanda at yahoo dot com

12/2/09, 4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fun! I learned that synthetic motor oil outperforms conventional and synthetic blend motor oils in nearly all aspects of engine protection.

12/2/09, 6:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have your button on my blog :)

12/2/09, 6:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a follower of your blog :)

12/2/09, 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

W means winter, who knew!
smbot79@hotmail.com

12/3/09, 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I subscribe to your blog! It is funny that I also learned that W means winter. I always thought it was weight!

Thanks for the chance at the giveaway!
nondadoit@aol.com

12/3/09, 9:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah Coulsey said...

I learned that using a different type of oil then what is recommended by your car company does not void your warrenty!!!

I hope I win!!!!

Will using a different brand of oil than recommended by the manufacturer void my warranty?
•No. Just be sure that the oil meets the manufacturer's requirements for use in your engine.

12/4/09, 10:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I learned that I should be changing my oil more often- opps looks like I'll really be needing that jiffy lube oil change...

Thank you for the chance to win!
-Anna
yourockmysox00@hotmail.com

12/4/09, 11:13 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I learned: Severe driving use typically includes stop-and-go driving, frequent high-speed driving and short trips!

12/4/09, 11:27 AM  
Blogger Kalli said...

I learned that "severe" driving use includes lots of stop-and-go driving– bad because I live in LA and you get a lot of that!

kalliportfolio@yahoo.com

12/4/09, 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I subscribe to your blog :-)

jamienicole125@yahoo.com

12/4/09, 11:31 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Changing your oil gets all the dirt out of your oil.

12/4/09, 11:31 AM  
Blogger Maz said...

I got 70 pts! Thanks btw :)

12/4/09, 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a follower and I learned that stop-and-go driving (like I do in WA) isn't great for your vehicle!

12/4/09, 12:02 PM  
Blogger Celestia said...

I got a 100% on the quiz but it did remind me to take some of the extra dead weight out of my backseat/trunk to improve my gas mileage.

celestia(.)price(@)gmail(.)com

12/4/09, 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Twofebboys said...

I learned that synthetic oil does not make your seals leak!

rusmisell@att.net

12/4/09, 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned that I need to change my oil ASAP...mine's overdue. Thank you! Deanna
tkcdeanna@cs.com

12/4/09, 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Lori said...

W stands for winter, not weight.

dolqueil (at) yahoo (dot) com

12/4/09, 1:20 PM  
Blogger CreativeChretin said...

i learned that the make of your car determines how many miles you should change our oil at. creativechretin@hotmail.com

12/4/09, 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned the "W" stands for winter, not weight. jenniferjoy at gmail dot com

12/4/09, 2:30 PM  
Blogger ms.clark said...

I learned that oil changes are the most important thing a person can do to extend the life of their engine.

12/4/09, 2:33 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I had no idea (or curiosity) about the W. Huh!

12/4/09, 2:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The "W" in motor oil names stands for winter, not weight as many people believe.

sarahjgarraty@gmail.com

12/4/09, 7:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

e-mail subscriber

sarahjgarraty@gmail.com

12/4/09, 7:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

tweeted giveaway

http://twitter.com/sarahjgarraty

sarahjgarraty@gmail.com

12/4/09, 7:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12/4/09, 7:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

M.O.M. Knows Best Score: 85.71% (60 points)
I passed!

sarahjgarraty@gmail.com

12/4/09, 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I learned that there is no set time for everyone to get their oil change and that every car is different. I always thought it was every 3000 miles regardless of the car.

My email is jennaclement(at)gmail(dot)com

12/4/09, 8:20 PM  
Blogger Jen Eason said...

I learned that the w in motor oil stands for winter

12/4/09, 10:07 PM  
Blogger Jen Eason said...

new follower

12/4/09, 10:08 PM  
Blogger Jen Eason said...

I scored 71.43%

12/4/09, 10:11 PM  
Blogger Steffanie said...

I learned W stands for winter, not weight like my dad taught me :O

12/4/09, 11:27 PM  
Blogger Steffanie said...

I got a 100%!

12/4/09, 11:28 PM  
Blogger brittas said...

I didn't know that changing your oil and maintaining your car was a way to save money on repairs. I just thought it was necessary to keep the car going! :)

skordahl@augsburg.edu

12/5/09, 2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

synthetic oil is better for the longevity of your car!

12/5/09, 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I learned what the W means next W30 - it stands for winter!

amytischer at gmail

12/5/09, 10:41 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I learned that I knew absolutely NOTHING about motor oil and oil changes...I now feel like an expert. :)

12/5/09, 12:52 PM  
Anonymous scout1846@yahoo.com said...

I learned that excessive idling decreases fuel economy.

12/5/09, 1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I learned that detergents are aded to oil to keep it clean.

12/5/09, 2:01 PM  
Blogger oneordinaryday said...

I had no clue the W meant winter.

12/5/09, 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to save money when it comes to car repairs, it's all about prevention!

expressiveelliotts@gmail.com

12/5/09, 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Laurie Medvick said...

I also learned that the W stands for Winter. I always thought it referred to Weight.

12/5/09, 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Laurie Medvick said...

My score in the game was 100%. (So was my 11 year old son's score. I might've helped him a little.)

12/5/09, 10:45 PM  
Blogger Ursula said...

I learned that using the correct oil helps with fuel economy!
uzzadazza@yahoo.com

12/6/09, 7:22 AM  
Blogger mammalazz said...

I Learned w stand for winter not weight

12/6/09, 8:20 AM  
Blogger mammalazz said...

I got 80%

12/6/09, 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

I learned that I need to change my oil!!!!! Yikes!

Blessings-
Amanda

12/6/09, 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Sue said...

Since my last oil change cost $88, I definitely need this!

12/6/09, 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stands for winter, I always thought it stood for weight. My husband just passed away this year, I am learning lots of things I could really use the gift card for oil change. Brigid

12/7/09, 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Nicole Mancuso said...

I learned that getting oil changes can even help maximize fuel economy. Great!

Nicole M.

mancusni@bc.edu

12/7/09, 10:14 AM  
Blogger DD said...

I learned that switching between synthetic and conventional oil will not cause any harm to engines. I always thought that could ruin your car!

12/7/09, 11:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I learned that the "W" stands for winter!

12/7/09, 12:11 PM  
Blogger Krilliams said...

I learned that I know more than I thought about cars. Took the quiz and passed. Only missed one. Also that you should only let your cars warm up for a minute or so in the winter before driving. Not 20! Thanks!
williamskristy@cox.net

12/7/09, 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

I learned that synthetic oil does not make your seals leak

pinkrose6785@hotmail.com

12/9/09, 1:22 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

great giveaway...i learned you shold change your oil about every 3 months or 3000 miles

mjf926 at gmail dot com

12/9/09, 8:49 PM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home