Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

January 25, 2010

Wreath Face Lift

I recently took my Christmas wreath off my front door. My door was empty, and I didn't know what I wanted to put up there.

Kimba then did a post on Winter Wreaths here. She listed links to some great ideas....but I fell in love with the gorgeous winter wreath @ StoneGable. So I set out to make my Winter Wreath......

After a few trips to Michaels, I couldn't find any silver leaves like she used, and then it occurred to me - spray painting my wreath white, wouldn't really show up on my WHITE front door any way.

It may have turned out a little bit springy......but hey, better to be AHEAD of the season instead of behind!


I started out with this wreath I've had for years and was becoming rather tired of.
1. Remove the metal star and homespun fabric
2. For $3 each I purchased 4 stems at Michaels, 2 of the white plastic "paper coin" branches (like StoneGable used) and 2 yellow/green flower stems
3. Break the stems down, pull/cut the flowers/coins off the stem so you have little individual bunches.
4. Randomly hot glue all around the wreath.

I know it's not rocket science................
and it's nothing "out of this world"
but it's a lot better than the poinsettia wreath I had on the door!

I'm linking this post at




Making

http://www.thethriftyhome.com" src="http://www.thethriftyhome.com/images/pennypinchparty.gif" border="0">

post signature


Labels: , , , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger One Cheap B*tch said...

Looks beautiful on your door and I love the numbers on the door!

1/25/10, 9:59 AM  
Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

That turned out great! I love the green!

1/25/10, 10:30 AM  
Blogger Delchick42 said...

oh, I like that:) Thank you for the inspiration cause I currently have a naked twig wreath and it needs SOMETHING.

1/25/10, 11:54 AM  
Blogger Karla@TheClassyWoman said...

Now that we're nearing the end of Jan, I've been meaning to take down my red hollyberry wreath from our front door.

I love your wreath-very pretty! I actually picked one up at a garage sale a few months ago for $1 but haven't hung it yet, I couldn't even make it for a dollar. It looks very close to the one you made and our door is white also (for now) so it will look great!

1/25/10, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Kate Riley said...

That is the perfect January wreath ! I adore the branches with just a hint of greenery, a teaser for the spring season about to come. What a lovely and welcoming front door.

Hugs
Kate

1/25/10, 12:21 PM  
Blogger Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Oh, I really really love this!

1/25/10, 1:06 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

How pretty and welcoming!

1/25/10, 1:11 PM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love it, Miss Tidy Mom!! :) What a neat way to take your wreath from Country to Chic. :) Btw, I put an announcement up today that I'll have another Decorating Dilemmas Party in Feb. and then a "Show Me the Progress" party in March. As I've made little to no progress on my stuff, I count ANYTHING as progress (even just deciding which suggestions you liked best) ;)

1/25/10, 1:21 PM  
Blogger ClassiclyAmber said...

I love that! You did a great job on the wreath. (applause) =-D

1/25/10, 1:27 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Wow! That's a super make-over. Great job!

1/25/10, 1:42 PM  
Blogger Amy Kinser said...

I think it looks great. Good job with the makeover.

1/25/10, 3:12 PM  
Blogger jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Nice makeover - fresh and simple!

1/25/10, 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

It's so simple! Love it!

1/25/10, 5:05 PM  
Blogger my home sanctuary said...

Great redo thanks for sharing.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

1/25/10, 5:37 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Love it, Cheryl! I have a naked door right now...it needs some of this wreath love!

1/25/10, 9:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! I say a little early spring never hurt anybody!! :)
Thanks for linking up, I love seeing my new button!

1/26/10, 6:25 AM  
Blogger Angie Holden said...

NICE!! Those silver leaf things are so pretty!!

1/26/10, 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Leanne said...

Very Springy and so pretty. Can't wait for the real flowers to start blooming.

1/26/10, 11:40 PM  
Blogger Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I don't think it's too springy... it's like a bit of snow has fallen on a tree. Too cute!

1/28/10, 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It is just enough spring and the twigginess matches the way all of the trees look right now. I love the number on your door too.

1/29/10, 10:32 AM  
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

On my favs list--great tutorial. I love your rusty star too thought!!! I am a sucker for stars

FYI--a fun give-a-way starts tonight at my blog.

Cheri

1/31/10, 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home