Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

February 19, 2010

Family Game Night! Uno Mod {Review & Giveaway}

With the economy in the shape it's in, family fun night has become much more common in many households. Staying home, playing games, making popcorn and watching a movie is a lot less expensive that an evening out and often a lot more fun!!

Uno™ has been around since the early 1970s, and the simple card game never seems to lose its appeal. Growing up, UNO™, was favorite game in our house. My goal wasn't always to win, but more importantly to make my brother lose! I would get so excited when I could slap down the dreaded “Draw 4″ card in front of his turn WOOHOO!!....and hold my breath that someone wouldn't Reverse!

America’s favorite card game, UNO!™ has stepped out of the box with a fresh, new look that adds a sleek style to the classic game. UNO Mod™ is an updated, modern version of the card game that stays true to the original rules and objectives, but now features modern graphics on each playing card and comes with a stylish, red carrying case that also doubles as storage. With the price point of $9.99, families and friends can make their game time affordable and fashionable.

I was really excited when I was asked if I'd like to review the the classic game with it's cool new features! My family loved the new modern look of the cards, but most of all we really liked the removable draw and discard tray. This keeps your piles neat and you can easily move the piles around so everyone can reach them. When you're finished playing you place all of the cards in the tray and slide it into the cool red case.

The red plastic storage case was a great new feature! It's so much better than a cardboard box that wears and falls apart over time. It's slim style makes it easy to carry to a friends house or makes a great gift!

This game will definitely be showing up time and time again at our family game night!

Creating Family Memories

Quality time spent together as a family is essential, and game nights are a great way to make sure family bonding happens! Besides, who doesn't love a game?!

If family game night is something you haven’t done yet with your family,UNO Mod™ would be great to start off with. Make an investment in a family game and start playing!

UNO Mod™ can be purchased from my Amazon store or at most major retailers.

Win UNO Mod for your family game night!

and GET PLAYING!

One lucky TidyMom reader will win UNO Mod for their family.

***GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSDED***

Congrats to #59 Sarah from For the Love of Naps for winning!

Required Entry: leave a comment telling me your favorite childhood/family game

Extra Entries: (You must leave a separate entry for each extra entry to count and be sure to leave your email address if you don't have a blog)

2. Follow/Subscribe to TidyMom (let me know that you do)

3. Follow me on Twitter here and leave me your twitter name.

4. Grab my cute button and add it to your website.

5. Click to vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs. Just click the banner on the right side bar and tell me you clicked. (1 entry per click-can click up to 3x)

6. Vote for my recipes to be published in Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook (buttons in my right side bar- click them to vote - then come back here and tell me you voted)

7. Tweet this giveaway! Just copy/paste the following: Make family game night fun! WIN UNO Mod card game #giveaway @TidyMom http://twurl.nl/rh88fz Please RT (1 entry per daily tweet)

Giveaway will end on February 26, 2010 at 5 pm CST. One winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. The winner will be contacted and must respond with a current email address within 48 hours to claim. Otherwise, another eligible entry will be chosen.

I was provided an UNO Mod card game. I was not compensated for this review. These are my own honest opinions and experience with the product. The Amazon link is my affiliate link.

post signature

Labels: , ,

139 Comments:

Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

We play Uno all the time! It is one of our favorites!

We also like Sequence, Sorry, Scrabble...I guess all of the "s" games! :)

2/19/10, 3:36 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

I subscribe! :)

2/19/10, 3:37 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

And, I follow you! :)

2/19/10, 3:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Growing up, my family has always been big card players. And we LOVE Uno now at home with my kids!

2/19/10, 3:37 PM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

And, I voted on Foodista!!! Go, Cheryl!

2/19/10, 3:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I follow you!

2/19/10, 3:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Voted Top Mommy Blog once...

2/19/10, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

voted twice...

2/19/10, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

...and three times!

2/19/10, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Follower!

2/19/10, 3:41 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

We love all kinds of games.. sorry is one of our little one's favorites to play.

2/19/10, 3:42 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Voted Foodista!
jjmkeas@suddenlink.net (don't know if my blog info is here?)

2/19/10, 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

AND added your button! LOVE your blog! Thanks!
jjmkeas@suddenlink.net

2/19/10, 3:45 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

I've been following through my google reader :)

2/19/10, 3:49 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

I *LOVE* Uno! My family has been playing it for over 30 years and we have different special editions and all houses have card shufflers. I don't think any of us own traditional cards - just UNO *LOL* Its not a family get-together unless someone is yelling UNO somewhere :D

2/19/10, 3:52 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

My favorite childhood game would be either Monopoly or Uno. I play them both alot as a kid :) I play UNO with my kids now all the time and it is the best.

2/19/10, 3:55 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I tweeted it :) --> momuf3

2/19/10, 3:55 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I follow you thru my Google Reader :)

2/19/10, 3:56 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I am now following you on Twitter :)

2/19/10, 3:56 PM  
Blogger Mom in High Heels said...

Oh, I love Uno! When I was a kid, I used to play it with my parents and when my dad was out to sea (he was in the Navy), my mom would have several of the other ship wives over with their kids and we'd all play Uno. I've played it a few times with dh and Indy (he's 7) and it's been so much fun, except Indy tries to cheat.
My dad and I loved to play Battleship (are you surprised?) when I was little and he taught me to play poker. When he visited us at Christmas (we're in Germany), he and dh taught Indy to play poker. Nice.

2/19/10, 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Marla said...

Growing up I loved the Ungame. It's more of a conversation starter than a game.
http://tiny.cc/ungame40

2/19/10, 4:21 PM  
Blogger a little bit of everything said...

I follow you!

2/19/10, 4:26 PM  
Blogger a little bit of everything said...

I display your button

2/19/10, 4:26 PM  
Blogger a little bit of everything said...

I voted on Footista !

2/19/10, 4:27 PM  
Blogger a little bit of everything said...

I have to say Monopoly and Scrabble were favorites along with Uno with my kids growing up. I still play Scrabble on FB...

2/19/10, 4:30 PM  
Blogger Our Comfy~ Cozy Life!!!! said...

I am a follower! :) We love Uno!!!!

2/19/10, 4:32 PM  
Blogger a little bit of everything said...

I just voted for you on Mommy Blogs!

2/19/10, 4:34 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

We routinely had family nights on the weekends when I was a kid. We played cards and board games. Our favorite board game was Monopoly!

2/19/10, 4:56 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I follow your blog!

2/19/10, 4:57 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I follow your Twitter too! My twitter name is cottagedays.

2/19/10, 4:57 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

And I just tweeted about your giveaway! Thank you, sweetie!

2/19/10, 4:59 PM  
Blogger tlawrence said...

Growing up we always played the game of Life!!! It was the bomb.....especially the pink & blue people, and the cars. We always played more board games rather than card games. I subscribe to your blog by email, and love it! Thanks, Tammy gordonfan@embarqmail.com

2/19/10, 4:59 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

I voted for you! fathers_angel@yahoo.ca

2/19/10, 6:06 PM  
Blogger Gabi said...

My favorite game was uno I still love it and my 3 year old is learning :) fathers_angel@yahoo.ca

2/19/10, 6:06 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Our favorite family game was Sorry =)

2/19/10, 7:23 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

I follow you through google reader

2/19/10, 7:23 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Following you on Twitter! (lumpy_gal)

2/19/10, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Tweeted it =) http://twitter.com/lumpy_gal

2/19/10, 7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We used to play Yahtzee at home and at the Coffee Bean.
Last weekend, our teen and I had some fun playing Uno.

2/19/10, 7:48 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

we definitely love Yahtzee now, but when I was a kid I had several favorites: Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Trouble, Operation and Battleship! (I guess that dates me now lol...)

micaela6955 at msn dot com

2/19/10, 8:04 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

already following your blog :)

micaela6955 at msn dot com

2/19/10, 8:05 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

already a twitter follower @micaela6955

2/19/10, 8:06 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

voted for you at Top Mommy Blogs

2/19/10, 8:07 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/micaela6955/status/9364076053

2/19/10, 8:08 PM  
Blogger Michele P. said...

voted for your recipes!

2/19/10, 8:14 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh!
We LOVE to play UNO at my parent's home "in the country" (that's what we have called it over all these years.)
Scrabble is a favorite too...oh...and when we were little we played Operation...Old Maids...Go Fish...Monopoly and Gin Rummy!
xxooxx

2/19/10, 8:15 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I follow you TidyMom! Oh yes I do!!!
xxooxx

2/19/10, 8:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uno is great fun! When I was a kid my favorite was the game of Life. I always wanted to tbe the white car and hoped to be a Dr. LOL

2/19/10, 8:16 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I will vote for you for ANYTHING!!!!
GO TIDY MOM!!!!!
Put it this way...I am a TIDYMOM fan!!!!
xxooxx

2/19/10, 8:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And I follow you....

2/19/10, 8:17 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh...and I love TidyMom too! ;o)

2/19/10, 8:17 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I'm such an AIRHEAD!!!
I click over there and I can't even the HECK figure out how the HECK to freaking vote!!!!!
xxooxx

2/19/10, 8:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

How fun! My favorite childhood game was called Go For It. My older cousin had the game and us 4 cousins all played together. Good times!!

2/19/10, 8:34 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I am a follower.

2/19/10, 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs.

2/19/10, 8:37 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I voted for you on Foodista and the recipes look so yummy!

2/19/10, 8:41 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh! I'm not an AIRHEAD after all!
I just voted for both recipes!
Oh course I gave them 5 stars each!
xxooxx

2/19/10, 8:41 PM  
Blogger For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Clue was the game in our house growing up! Sorry is the game in my house now!

2/19/10, 9:01 PM  
Blogger For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I voted!

2/19/10, 9:03 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

My favorite game growing up was LIFE, and Scattergories was great too! I'd love to win this new Uno!

2/19/10, 9:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

And I follow you on Google Reader!

2/19/10, 9:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Just tweeted the giveaway! www.twitter.com/sara_v3

2/19/10, 10:01 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Voted for you at Top Mommy Blogs!

2/19/10, 10:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Voted again!

2/19/10, 10:03 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

And for a third time!

2/19/10, 10:04 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Following you on twitter! www.twitter.com/sara_v3

2/19/10, 10:07 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Voted for your Three Cheese Baked Mostaccioli

2/19/10, 10:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Voted for your Chocolate Fudge Strawberry Cream Filled Cupcakes...I hope I read your directions right because I feel like I am spamming you with comments!

2/19/10, 10:11 PM  
Anonymous denise burton said...

I already am a follower!

2/20/10, 5:35 AM  
Anonymous denise burton said...

Your button is on my blog!!!

2/20/10, 5:36 AM  
Anonymous denise burton said...

Growing up my favorite game was Battle Ship. My children and grandchildren LOVE Uno. In fact one daughter owns different versons of the game she loves it so much.

2/20/10, 5:39 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

we used to play this all the time when my boys were growing up. Lately we started playing again.Great memories.
Rita

2/20/10, 6:49 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

oh so many great games.... one that our family loves is Quiddler - fun and educational

reneesuz82(at)msn(dot)com

2/20/10, 8:37 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm a follower on google reader

reneesuz82(at)msn(dot)com

2/20/10, 8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Growing up, I loved playing "Huskerdoo" - now I cannot even remember how to play it, and haven't seen it around, but it was my favorite. Oh, and Payday was also fun. My kids like to play Payday now. :)

2/20/10, 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got your button on my blog. Thanks for a chance to win! :)

2/20/10, 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a friend/fan on FB :)

2/20/10, 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I subscribe to your blog :)

2/20/10, 8:47 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

As I kid, I liked playing Hands Down.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

2/20/10, 2:52 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

(My comment above should have read, "As a kid I liked playing Hands Down.)

I am an e-mail subscriber.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

2/20/10, 2:53 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

Growing up monopoly was my fav.!!!
vrtheriot@gmail.com

2/20/10, 6:52 PM  
Blogger Tori said...

I am following your blog.
vrtheriot@gmail.com

2/20/10, 6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite game as a kid (and still is, I guess!) was a tie between Phase 10 and Guess Who, and we (all 8 kids) loved playing Uno as well!

2/20/10, 6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a follower!

2/20/10, 6:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also have your button on my blog. Thanks for the great giveaway!

2/20/10, 6:56 PM  
Blogger Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Parcheesi was one of my favorite games - I loved to shake the dice around in the cardboard dice holder and then throw them on the board! What fun memories.

2/20/10, 7:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

As a kid, my brother and I played Mastermind for hours. Now with my kids it's Bananagrams or Scrabble Slam or Mancala.

2/20/10, 8:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm a subscriber.

2/20/10, 8:06 PM  
Blogger Andrea Hatfield said...

My favorite childhood game was Candyland.

2/20/10, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Andrea Hatfield said...

I am an email subscriber.

2/20/10, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Andrea Hatfield said...

Following on Twitter @simplyandreah

2/20/10, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

My favorite childhood game was LIFE! And, now my kids enjoy it. My email is tatefamily@sti.net

2/21/10, 12:01 AM  
Blogger MamaFeelgood said...

My brother and I played Stratego all the time

2/21/10, 7:25 AM  
Blogger MamaFeelgood said...

I subscribe

2/21/10, 7:26 AM  
Blogger MamaFeelgood said...

I voted for you at Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook

2/21/10, 7:33 AM  
Blogger MamaFeelgood said...

I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs

2/21/10, 7:42 AM  
Blogger Kelly O. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2/21/10, 9:32 AM  
Blogger Kelly O. said...

I've always loved scrabble! I made hubby play it on our honeymoon!
strip scrabble that is ;)

um...no... that's not how we played it as kids :)

2/21/10, 9:39 AM  
Blogger Raye Marie said...

We used to play Uno as kids and now I love playing it with my son.

2/21/10, 1:09 PM  
Blogger Raye Marie said...

I subscribe!

2/21/10, 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Janet said...

I used to love Mystery Date Game.

2/21/10, 3:50 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Monopoly has been my favorite game since I was 3! My girls like to play connect 4, Uno, yahtzee, scrabble & Monopoly!

2/21/10, 9:15 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I'm subscribed

2/21/10, 9:16 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

following on twitter ~ momof2dancers

2/21/10, 9:17 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/momof2dancers/status/9458971624

2/21/10, 9:18 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

voted top mommy blogs

2/21/10, 9:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa Smiley said...

trouble was always a favorite!

2/21/10, 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

Just found your blog! Love new ideas and we love games :)

2/21/10, 9:37 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

button up http://momcontests.blogspot.com/

2/21/10, 9:58 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

I enjoyed playing the card game called "Old Maid!"
Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

2/21/10, 10:10 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

I am a follower and subscriber to TidyMom!
Again, many thanks.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

2/21/10, 10:12 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

Also, I follow you via Twitter.
Merci.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com
cmh512

2/21/10, 10:13 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

I clicked on the Top Mommy Blogs Banner to vote for you. Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

2/21/10, 10:18 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

Also, I voted for your delicious recipes!
Many thanks to you!
Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

2/21/10, 10:22 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

"Tweet!"
http://twitter.com/cmh512/status/9461478357.
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

2/21/10, 10:24 PM  
Blogger Just call me "B" said...

My favorite game, ever, I think was Hungry Hungry Hippo, or Simon!

2/22/10, 8:50 AM  
Blogger mommy2luke2008 said...

I always loved Clue and Jenga!!!
maryw1981 at yahoo dot com

2/22/10, 10:51 AM  
Blogger mommy2luke2008 said...

I'm a follower
maryw1981 at yahoo dot com

2/22/10, 10:54 AM  
Blogger mommy2luke2008 said...

I have your button
maryw1981 at yahoo dot com

2/22/10, 10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uno is a big one for us. I have the best memories of growing up and playing candy land with my grandmother. It always seemed so magical, like I was a part of that colorful land. I hope to pass those memories on to my children with our game nights. Thanks for the chance to win!

2/22/10, 8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am following.

2/22/10, 8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

following on twitter @dailychocolate

2/22/10, 8:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I clicked and voted

2/22/10, 9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I clicked and voted

2/22/10, 9:00 PM  
Blogger Deborah W. said...

Following you @DebWinnett

2/22/10, 9:07 PM  
Blogger Deborah W. said...

As a kid, we always played checkers. When I got older, 5 Card Draw. :)

2/22/10, 9:10 PM  
Blogger Deborah W. said...

I subscribed. So glad I found your blog!!

2/22/10, 9:12 PM  
Blogger Deborah W. said...

I voted at TopMommyBlogs.com

2/22/10, 9:27 PM  
Blogger windycindy said...

"Daily Tweet!"
http://twitter.com/cmh512/status/9512794689.
Many thanks to you.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

2/22/10, 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Shelly Terrell said...

Our favorite family game is "Apples to Apples". The kids love it!!!

Great blog by the way!

shellydterrell@gmail.com

2/23/10, 8:24 PM  
Blogger Nick Ashley Reagan Coen & Ike said...

Growing up I loved Yatzee because I always won! I also loved all card games. My husband won't play with me, because I still always win!

ashleycardon@yahoo.com

2/25/10, 12:49 PM  
Blogger Nick Ashley Reagan Coen & Ike said...

I am a follower:)

2/25/10, 12:49 PM  
Blogger rankin1997 said...

Uno was one of my favorite games too and now my girls enjoy playing it with me now!

2/25/10, 9:17 PM  
Blogger rankin1997 said...

I subscribe

2/25/10, 9:17 PM  
Blogger Taste of Champaign said...

just became a follower! i, too am a tidy freak! glad i found your site!

2/26/10, 9:00 AM  
Blogger The Behunin Family Story said...

We love Uno and we have tons of versions - Harry Potter, Cars, Uno Moo, My first uno, Uno H2O and so on. We would love a NEW game to play at Family Game Night.

2/26/10, 10:46 AM  
Anonymous thornfamilyacademy@yahoo.com said...

I really loved the game of Life. My brother always needed two cars for all of his kids.

2/26/10, 1:41 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

My favorite game was Candyland. We used to have game nights regularly as a child.

faithcarpenter at gmail dot com

2/26/10, 4:27 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I loved Jenga!

2/27/10, 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home