Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

March 2, 2010

POM Wonderful -WFMW

I've been keeping a secret for a few months now................

This has been my new daily addiction


POM Wonderful mixed with my Sprite Zero!

Seriously people....this stuff is DELCIOUS!!

Back in late December the awesome people at POM Wonderful sent me a few bottles of their 100% Pomegranate juice to try.

My original intention was to use it in a recipe.....they have lots of amazing recipes on their web site. I thought of trying it in a sauce to serve over pork, or may in some orange muffins.

I have NEVER eaten a pomegranate or any thing pomegranate flavored, so when the box arrived I was anxious to open one of the snazzy bottles and give it a try!
My whole family stood around the table as we opened the box and passed the opened bottle around!
We LOVED it! It's a little sweet and a little tart and a whole lot of healthy!!

Did you know about all of the health benefits of pomegranates?
You can read about how you can protect your immune system with all of the antioxidants and many other health benefits on their web site.

Shortly after opening that first bottle I wondered what it would taste like to splash a little POM Wonderful in my Sprite Zero????
I was hooked at the first sip!

You can find POM Wonderful Juices in many varieties in the refrigerated section of the produce department of your local supermarket. They're a little on the expensive side, so I love that I can just add a little to my soda every day.
I enjoy the taste, the benefits and a little 8 oz bottle will last me several weeks. (I only drink one soda a day)

I'm linking this post up to Works for Me Wednesday since

POM Wonderful in my Sprite Zero WORKS for ME!!

WFMW for the next two week's (March 3 & 10) will be hosted by Shannon of Rocks in My Dryer, while Kristen is in Kenya with Compassion Bloggers

post signature

I was provided 4 bottles of POM Wonderful. I was not compensated for this review. These are my own honest opinions and experience with the product.

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Are the bottles plastic? If so, that's too bad. I'm thinking those would make ADORABLE vases! I picture them painted... eggshell blue, green, white... :)

3/2/10, 9:16 PM  
Blogger Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Yum... that sounds so good! I need to give it a try! I *love* my good ol' sprite zero with black cherry cranberry juice!

3/2/10, 10:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey~ they contacted and sent me a package too in late Dec. My inlaws that were visiting along with my fam. got to enjoy it. We added some water to our's too, and it made it not so rich and sweet. w/ SPRITE... YUM!!!

3/2/10, 10:09 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

Julie, yes they're plastic.

3/2/10, 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

OH I have to try this! When I go grocery shopping I get this water..I can't even remember what the brand is, but it's pomegranate flavored. It's soooo good!

3/2/10, 11:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa Marie said...

Pom is so wonderful its one of fav drinks.. :) <3

3/3/10, 7:32 AM  
Blogger Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I LOVE POM!! I wish they would contact me!! My new favorite is the Cherry Pomegranate. It is so delicious. It's a treat for me in the middle of the day and makes the best occasional martini on the weekend! Mmmm...I will have to give your diet/drink mix a try. Look so good!

3/3/10, 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Amy from She Wears Many Hats said...

Yum! I love adding it to iced tea also.

3/3/10, 8:06 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I've never tried this drink, but my sister really likes it. I'll have to tell her about mixing it with Sprite.

3/3/10, 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Homemaking Joyfully said...

YUM! I would love that. Will have to put those on my grocery list for next time!

3/3/10, 8:57 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Looks good; sounds good!will have to try this.
Rita

3/3/10, 9:53 AM  
Blogger bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh, I did the same thing!!! I meant to make something and I drank every bottle! It is so good!!!

3/3/10, 10:54 AM  
Blogger The Halbert Home said...

Found you on WFMW, we like to mix cranberry juice and sprite (or ginger ale). It's the closest you'll get to a mixed drink at our house :) Haha.

3/3/10, 12:54 PM  
Blogger Pamela Scott said...

I love POM too I will have to try mixing it with sprite sounds yummy

3/3/10, 1:20 PM  
Blogger TidyMom said...

During the holidays Sierra Mist has a variety with a splash of cranberry - I buy it up every year during the holidays......but I normally drink Sprite Zero - so when the POM Wonderful came in, and I could no longer find the Sierra Mist Splash....this was the perfect substitute!!

~TidyMom

3/3/10, 1:34 PM  
Blogger Kate, aka Guavalicious said...

The awesome thing about pomegranate juice is that you only need 2oz a day to get the benefits!

3/3/10, 1:38 PM  
Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I have yet to try Pom Wonderful, but I have heard great things about it. Your drink recipe sounds yummy!

3/3/10, 3:58 PM  
Blogger VKT said...

TidyMom,

I have been trying to wean myself off of regular coke. This actually sounds great. I have got to try it. Your children are adorable.

3/3/10, 5:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That sounds great. Now that pomegranates are out of season, I will have to satisfy my urge with the juice and it looks delicious wit the sprite.

3/3/10, 5:52 PM  
Blogger groovie mom said...

Makes me wish I hadn't given up soft drinks for Lent!

3/3/10, 9:03 PM  
Blogger Melody :-) said...

I found your blog via WFMW and I'm loving it! Thanks for sharing your POM/Sprite Zero idea -- I'll be trying it soon! I'd love to have you come visit me @ Big Doll's Boomtown. Have a great week!

3/3/10, 10:03 PM  
Blogger Saucy said...

I love POM juice and use it in all sorts of things: fizzes, cocktails, smoothies... I saw Martha Stewart once using a juicer to extract the juice from a half pomegranate and I figured that the rind/yellow parts between the seeds would make the juice bitter... the bottled POM is fantastic!

3/4/10, 3:26 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love that juice. It really wakes your mouth up!

3/5/10, 11:00 PM  
Anonymous katherin said...

Me too.. I love them. they are the best

3/6/10, 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home