Tidy Mom

has been moved to new address

http://tidymom.net

Sorry for inconvenience...

June 15, 2009

I ♥ Faces - Sepia Theme

This weeks theme at I ♥ Faces is Sepia!

I LOVE the Sepia look and I instantly thought of this picture I took last fall at the Deutsch Country Day's in Marthasville, MO. You can read my post and see all of my pictures from that day by clicking here.

My adult entry is of a man dressed in period clothing playing the banjo.

Period Musicians

My kids entry is a shot I got that same day of Sunshine and her friend by one of the many log cabins on the property

The Girls

Be sure to click the button below to check out all of the other fantastic entries!


Be sure to check out my other post today
How to Look Good in Pictures!

post signature

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Buckeroomama said...

I love both photos! I especially like how you kept the colors in the second one. :)

6/15/09, 6:04 AM  
Blogger Jessi said...

The first is just incredible. So interesting and perfect for sepia. I love the tones in the second!

6/15/09, 7:14 AM  
Blogger All Things Family said...

great pictures, love the banjo shot...very unique, and also really like the kid shot with the colors and sepia tones. Great job!

6/15/09, 7:22 AM  
Blogger He & Me + 3 said...

Those were both great. I love the scenery and the Adult entry was very unique.

6/15/09, 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Stesha said...

The kids entry is my favorite. The combination of the girls looking so happy and the hint of color that was left makes a excellent photo.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesa

6/15/09, 7:42 AM  
Blogger Yelena R. said...

great entries! I especially like the first one. awesome capture!

6/15/09, 7:42 AM  
Blogger jen@odbt said...

There's something magical about your first shot - it's perfect for sepia.

6/15/09, 8:04 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I know that first photo just screamed sepia! It is perfect and I love the second one too! I love to play with color in sepia and BW!

6/15/09, 9:03 AM  
Blogger The Animator's Wife said...

That first shot is awesome. I love how the audience members sort of FRAME the banjo guy. Perfect in sepia too! Cool selective color too.

6/15/09, 9:11 AM  
Blogger tiarastantrums said...

oh what a fantastic adult capture

6/15/09, 9:12 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow! Gorgeous shots.... and such pefect choices for sepia. Love your blurred edges in the first, and the color peaking through in your kids entry is perfect!
~Becca

6/15/09, 9:19 AM  
Blogger the monkeys' mama said...

LOVE the adult entry! I hope you win it because it is my fave so far!

6/15/09, 9:35 AM  
Blogger cherish.photography said...

pretty!

6/15/09, 10:56 AM  
Blogger Rosina said...

Oh, how beautiful the first shot is--great processing! And I love your kids entry--I like the look of partial sepia. Great job, and thanks for stopping by!

6/15/09, 11:38 AM  
Blogger Lollidale Farm said...

I simply love the banjo player!! Great detail--perfect for sepia!

6/15/09, 1:11 PM  
Blogger JG said...

Love them both!! Love the processing you did.

6/15/09, 1:36 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

Great shots! Love the muted colours in the kids entry!

6/15/09, 2:05 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Great shots, I love both pictures...

6/15/09, 2:06 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Living Locurto said...

These are both great! I can really see an improvement in your photography!! Way to go:-)

Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces

6/15/09, 4:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastically pretty pictures. I just love them! I can almost hear the banjo music. That picture is perfect for sepia!

6/15/09, 7:52 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That is the coolest adult entry I have seen yet! I just love that is isn't something you would see every day. So beautiful!

6/15/09, 11:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the touch of glamour glow on the second picture! I love the angle and the crop. I also loved your adult entry! Great job

6/15/09, 11:51 PM  
Blogger jennifer chavez photography said...

I do not know what the adult photo looks like in color...but I LOVE IT IN SEPIA!!!!
that photo is just PERFECT!!!
great work!!

6/16/09, 12:47 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

those are both so awesome!

6/16/09, 1:29 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Lovely shots! The tone is amazing!

6/17/09, 3:54 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

I want to check out the rest of your blog. I am so untidy that I had to laugh at your name:). Love the banjo shot and the colorizing of the girls. Well done!

6/17/09, 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

If you have something to say.......Leave me a comment HERE!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home